I’ll admit it, I didn’t read the book this month.
As a matter of fact, I can say that for me personally, that is very often the case when it comes to the book club I’m in. It’s not that we choose uninteresting books to read. It’s not that I don’t enjoy reading. It is simply that somewhere along the way in growing a very tight-knit group of girlfriends, “book club” became less literal and more of a euphemism for a time of bonding between girlfriends.
This week, book club was as far away from a book at it could be. The reality of the day was that one of our girlfriends who has welcomed us into her home on many occasions, and has shared the joys of her life with us all was in a difficult situation. As women, being supportive does not mean trying to fix things, or give advice that frankly we would not have the knowledge to give. It means making the effort for her happiness.
Our effort for the happiness of our friend was simply to reassure her that we were thinking of her, praying for her, wishing for her wellness in every way we know how. As a group, being supportive and caring for each other is something we know how to do. I know where to buy nexium that if it was me in this situation I would receive the same care, concern and thoughtfulness.
We did our best to let her know that we were holding her up. In the midst of this wonderful, positive energy being generated, it was heartening for me to know that this was all because somehow we had all found each other.
I am so thankful for the wonderful community of women in my life. I am happy to each of them friend, happier even more when we are able to lift others with our friendship when it’s needed most.
Do you have a Book Club? A Girlfriend group? A community of women who care?
If not, I’d highly recommend that you stop whatever you’re doing and find your female tribe. Life is about friendship. Happiness. Caring for each other. Believe me, it is.
Book club ‘stuff’ for Girlfriends:
- Girlfriend Book Club Review: The Glass Castle, by Jeannette Walls
- 10 Girlfriend Traditions You Can Start Today – You’ll be Glad You Did!
- Book Club Review: Mill River Recluse, Girlfriend Recommended Book Club Book!
- Girlfriend Book Club & Girlfriend Traditions – Plus Book Review: State of Wonder, by Ann Patchett
- Recipe for a Great Girlfriend Book Club – Appetizers, Wine & Laughter
- The Girlfriend’s Guide to Book Club Therapy | Guest Blogger Betsy Talbot
- 3rd Day of Friendship – Girlfriend Traditions | Book Club, Ornaments & Lots of Laughter