The daffodils have ready for Spring, are you? It’s Spring – the season to put away those winter sweaters and boots, and update our wardrobe with some 2012 Spring Fashion advice!
Thankfully we’ve got our fashion guru and Girlfriend Guru DONNA GAMACHE to get us dressed for Spring 2012! Here’s her always great girlfriend fashion advice on colors and trends for our wardrobe this Spring:
“If fashion really is a barometer of the times, we’re in for a colorful, spirited, happy-go-lucky spring/summer 2012? says The Fashion Group Foundation in its Ready-To-Wear report. After getting through the winter months this sure sounds good to me … how about you?
If you are wondering what to add to your wardrobe to keep it current this spring/summer, take a look at this list of what are going to be key colors and designs for the season. Remember, whatever you choose to add to your wardrobe it must be in your personal style and shape. Personal style always trumps runway fashion so use this list as a guideline for what is current and what you might add to your wardrobe this spring and summer.
- Color is key with tangerine leading the way for the season and green, yellow and red close behind. On the opposite end of the spectrum, pastels are also really in for the season. Choose the color that works best for your skin tones.
- It’s all about the prints this upcoming season and we’re seeing some unlikely patterns like florals and tropicals. Gingham and paisley are coming back in a new way as well as scarf and photo prints.
- Pleats, pleats, and more pleats remain in trend (knife, accordion, box, inverted, and more).
- Lace is showing up everywhere. So look for lace on handbags, shoes, tights, and more.
- Color blocking is essential for the season in everything from tops, skirts, jackets, and dresses. Color-block your own look by combining contrasting complimentary colors. For example, pair a turquoise pant with a tangerine top—then add a red belt. Not that bold? Then just add a contrasting color to one of your outfits…a yellow dress with a pair of purple shoes will work.
- Pearls are a must have and appear in necklaces, earrings, bracelets, hairpieces, and more.
- Also hot for the season is vintage-inspired jewelry and crosses.
Once again, remember that no matter what you choose from the list, it must be your personal style. By adding just one new piece each season you will update your look and your style.
What are your favorite fashion pieces for Spring? What are the new Must Haves you can’t wait to get?
Thanks Girlfriend Guru Donna for your great fashion advice, like your previous Girlfriend Guru posts:
- Personal Style – with a Dash of Red (For Valentine’s Day)
- Fit to be Styled
- Quick Changes for Festive Holiday Looks
- True Beauty – 5 Steps to a Beautiful You
- Appearance Matters
- Trendy ways to wear Animal Prints.
By the way, we LOVE guest blogs here at Girlfriendology. Have a great girlfriend story to tell? Want to celebrate your fabulous female friends? SHARE! (And, we also have Girlfriend Gurus – check that out to be featured on Girlfriendology!)
Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get our FREE eBook ‘30 Days / 30 Ways to Be a Better Friend‘ – check it out!
More to check out – Facebook.com/Girlfriendology where we’re connecting with over 25,000 women (we block guys!) and Pinterest.com/Girlfriendology where we share visual inspiration. THANKS to our BIG 2012 sponsor – Biz Stain Fighter. And – Thanks to YOU Girlfriend!