I’m a non-Mom. That leaves me out of the “Mommy Blogger” genre, silent when someone could use ‘motherly advice,’ and, on Mother’s Day, left out of the female and family appreciation and celebration. (My pets don’t really count, but I’m still very thankful to be their ‘Mom.’)
I’ve never had to get up in the middle of the night, much less repeatedly, to care for a baby or child. I haven’t cooked for a family or chauffeured children between games, lessons and appointments. I don’t know common cures for illnesses, bad grades or boredom. And I’m at a total loss when it comes to teaching valuable lessons about living a busy life with sanity and strength.
Mother love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible. Marion C. Garretty
What Mother’s Day does represent to me is a feeling of awe and genuine respect for Moms – and especially for my own mom and my girlfriends who are amazing mothers.
So many girlfriends come to mind … Barb and Deana – girlfriends from college who have beautiful, smart, kind children who have now even graduated college. Julie who home schooled five children who are articulate, passionate and world travelers. Judi who is sharing her motherly (and funny) advice in a new blog called: Dear Kid Love Mom. Penny, Lorri, Anne, Michelle, Crystal, Sandy, Courtney, Ellen, Amy, Patty … each with their creative and supportive approach to mothering fabulous children. To my sister Cyndee who is embracing being mother to a new mother (Jessica) with a passion for beautiful baby Ayla. And to all the others, you Moms amaze this non-mom with your selfless love, your brilliant problem-solving and task-juggling skills, and untiring love of your families.
So HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY to my girlfriends who are Moms. Not only do you care for your children, but you also nurture your friends and we’re all the better for having you in our lives. Thanks Moms! And, love to my fellow Non-Moms who nurture their family and friends!
p.s. Check out 5 things to do to make a Mom feel special 🙂
More Mother’s Day inspiration:
- Mother’s Day Gift Ideas for Women (not just your Mom!)
- Spending Mother’s Day with Girlfriends
- Celebrating Friendship on Mother’s Day
- To my Girlfriends who are Moms – Happy Mother’s Day | aka: Ramblings from a Non-Mom
- Mother’s Day Gift Ideas – What are you giving your Mom?
- For Mother’s Day: 5 Minutes of Love for Single Moms
We love Moms and Non-Moms!
For Mother’s Day Gift Wrapping ideas, sign up for our FREE Resource Library.
This week on Girlfriendology:
- How to Offer Support to a Friend Who’s Lost Her Job | Advice from Maire Hunter
- Chick Flick Happiness – even when They’re Sad | Elements of Happiness
- Five Ideas for Girls’ Night Out | Girlfriend Advice from Mary Edwards
- 45 Life Lessons – things Girlfriends Share. What Life Lessons can YOU share?
- Seriously? Are YOU really THERE for your Girlfriend(s)? | Be a Better Friend
A Free Resource Library of Great Girlfriend Advice?!
- Celebration Ideas & checklists
- Friendly Financial Advice
- Tempting Travel tips
- FREE eBooks
- Coloring book pages
- Quotes to share with Friends
^Girlfriend Gift Finder for:
- Birthday Gifts for Women
- Holiday Gifts - Christmas Gifts, Mother's Day Gifts, Valentine's Day Gifts
- Cheer up Gifts, Sympathy Gifts, Just Because Gifts, Congrats, Housewarming, Hostess Gifts & More!
<------- What's NEW in the Free Resource Library?
- 150 Friendship Quotes
- 3 FREE eBooks - including Resumes & Cover Letters
- 2 Inspirational Quote Coloring Book Pages
- JUST ADDED: Tips to make Grocery Shopping Easier
- Girlfriend Trip Beach Recommendations
- Money-saving Tips & Sites
- & more!!