Overbooked with a huge shopping list, cooking special Thanksgiving recipes and coordinating multiple family events a friend complained that Thanksgiving was her least favorite holiday. She may have been just saying that, but between the focus on ‘Pinterest-worthy’ recipes and Facebook photograph-able home decorating, along with the shopping frenzy of Black Friday, it does seem that no one talks about the sentiment of the day set aside for giving thanks.
H.U. Westermayer wrote: “The Pilgrims made seven times more graves than huts. No Americans have been more impoverished than these who, nevertheless, set aside a day of thanksgiving.“
That’s a powerful reminder that we as a rich nation and a blessed generation. Even with terrorist attacks, fear, politics and poverty, the mass population will gather around a Thanksgiving turkey (or whatever they enjoy) with friends and family. We’ll watch parades, dogs and football. We’ll consume too many calories and may even set our alarms for an ungodly hour to go on a Black Friday shopping spree.
It’s easy to get lost in the hectic holidays. But, let’s focus on the real meaning of Thanksgiving – to GIVE THANKS. The real Thanksgiving Recipe for Friendship is:
- A Generous Cup of Blessings
- A Tablespoon of Reflection
- A Handful of Memories Together
- A Good Helping of Hugs and Laughter
- A Pint of Time with Friends and Family
- Mix with Love and Forgiveness.
More girlfriend inspiration on Thanksgiving: (check these out for great Thanksgiving quotes and videos to share!)
Lastly, this was a hilarious reminder to avoid some conversations to have a more peaceful, happy (and musical) Thanksgiving. Thanks Saturday Night Live for showing us how to get along with family who may say inappropriate or sensitive things:
Happy Thanksgiving Girlfriends![Tweet “Thanksgiving Recipe for Gratitude and Friendship”]
A Free Resource Library of Great Girlfriend Advice?!
- Celebration Ideas & checklists
- Friendly Financial Advice
- Tempting Travel tips
- FREE eBooks
- Coloring book pages
- Quotes to share with Friends
^Girlfriend Gift Finder for:
- Birthday Gifts for Women
- Holiday Gifts – Christmas Gifts, Mother’s Day Gifts, Valentine’s Day Gifts
- Cheer up Gifts, Sympathy Gifts, Just Because Gifts, Congrats, Housewarming, Hostess Gifts & More!
<——- What’s NEW in the Free Resource Library?
- 150 Friendship Quotes
- 3 FREE eBooks – including Resumes & Cover Letters
- 2 Inspirational Quote Coloring Book Pages
- JUST ADDED: Tips to make Grocery Shopping Easier
- Girlfriend Trip Beach Recommendations
- Money-saving Tips & Sites
- & more!!