We all have ‘those days.’ Days where we just feel a little down, sorry for ourselves, super stressed. Or, maybe we’re going through a rough spell – a season of tough stuff? Friends who are there for each other during these low moments are worth their weight in gold! They know just the right thing to say, or send you a ‘cheer up’ text message at just the right moment.
To help you be ‘that friend’ and cheer up a friend when they need encouragement and support, we’ve got 25 (more) Text Messages to Cheer up a Friend.
(See our original 25 Texts to Cheer Up a Friend!)
The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up. Mark Twain
25 Text Messages to Cheer Up a Friend
1. Remind her that she’s not alone with this cheer up text: “It may feel like you’re all alone, but you’re not. I’m here for you and I’m not going anywhere. Let’s handle this together.”
2. Speaking of feeling alone, send her this quote and add a personal note about being there for her: “Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. (Helen Keller)”
3. Remind her how important she is to you with this quote from Wicked: “Because I knew you, I have been changed for good.” Thank her for being there for you and tell her that you’re there for her as well.
4.Send her a cheer up text message ‘gift certificate’! Like this text message … “This text is redeemable for drinks with your favorite friend! (ME!) Let’s get together soon! What about this (day)?”
5. Reminder her to count her blessings with this cheer up text: “When I count my blessings, you are definitely one of them. Thanks for the gift of your friendship.”
6. More inspiration on counting your blessings, share this cheer up quote: “The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings. (Eric Hoffer)” Then add a note about her being one of your blessings.
7. Or … send her this quote right before her bedtime: “When I’m worried and I can’t sleep, I count my blessings instead of sheep.” (Irving Berlin) Sweet dreams my friend! Tomorrow is a New Day!“
8. Remind her that tomorrow IS a Brand New Day with this quote: “Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day.” (Ralph Waldo Emerson) (& here’s an image to send to her 🙂
9. For religious/Christian friends who need cheering up, remind her that:“God never gives us more than we can handle. When life is tough, remember that God believes you are capable of handling this and whatever happens.”
10. Go all hashtag-y social on her (in a good way!) with this cheer up text: “I love you more than the internet! #BFFs #AlwaysHere4U #TeamMarsha” (Or whatever her name)
11. Acknowledge that we all take a role in our happiness – but do so gently and thoughtfully, like with this cheer up message: “Happiness is a choice. You can choose to be happy. There’s going to be stress in life, but it’s your choice whether you let it affect you or not.” (Valerie Bertinelli) Then add a note about how you want her to be happy and will be there for her until she feels that way too.
12. Create an emoji text message that expresses your friendship and appreciation, like “Thx 4 BEEing my BFF! I <3 ewe”
13. Share this quote with a sad or struggling friend:“Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude”. Denis Waitley Remind her to have an ‘attitude of gratitude’ and maybe ask her to share with you three things she’s grateful for each day. (A great gift would be a gratitude journal too!)
14. Be the friend she really needs with this supportive text message: “At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.” (Albert Schweitzer) Let her know that you believe in her and are there for her in happy and not-so-happy times.
15. Send her a simple silly joke like: “Knock! Knock!” (Let her answer “Who’s There?”) Then text: “ME! & I always will be!” (Just a nice reminder that you care and are there for her!)
16. Prove that you’re her ‘person’ with this text message: “Thelma and Louise had each other. Meridith had Cristina. Carrie, Samantha, Miranda, and Charlotte were there for each other. I’m your ‘person’ and will be here for you no matter what!”
17. Remind her of better days with this cheer up text: “Remember that day we ___________(did something, went somewhere …)? We’ll have more days like that in the future, I know we will! We’ll be alright and laugh again – I promise!”
18. A good reminder for all of us, especially if we’re having a low time: Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation. (Brian Tracy)
19. Send her a creative cheer up emoji like: “I’ll be here 4 you, LOVE U” – shown here in this emoji!
20. Send her an eCard to cheer her up – like this ‘Sending A Little Light Your Way’ eCard from the American Greetings eCard site. (With 7-day free trial!) They have LOTS of eCards focused on support and encouragement – plus humor!
22. Have an old joke that you two have shared? A silly picture of the two of you? A photo of you and her in bad haircuts or outdated fashion? Cheer her up by sending it to her and reminding her of old times together and how you have the future to look forward to – no matter what!
23. Make her a funny emoji text message to show that you care and make her smile, like this emoji text: “I’ll be here for you, even when life is poopy!”
24. Share a video with her, like this clip from ‘West Wing’ where Leo shows true friendship! Tell her that you’ll help her through whatever is making her life difficult right now. (Here’s the URL https://youtu.be/ZQJ6yqQRAQs)
25. Or, cheer her up with a laughing baby! Hilarious – who can’t laugh during this?! Here’s the URL https://youtu.be/RP4abiHdQpc
BONUS 26. Remind her that you’ll be there for her with the Friend’s TV show music. URL: https://youtu.be/q-9kPks0IfE
Be the kind of friend who shows your girlfriends how much you care about them and how you’re there for them in good and bad times! Be the friend that sends them a cheer up message, encouraging text or thoughtful eCard to brighten their day – especially when things might not be going so well!
For MORE encouraging Text Messages for Friends … here’s 25 Texts to Cheer Up a Friend![Tweet “25 (more) Text Messages to Cheer up a Friend!”]
Gifts to Cheer Up a Friend:
Show your love, encouragement and support with these cheer up gifts for friends!
Cheer Up Book – “A fun compendium of happy quotes that will help lift anyone out of the dumps”
The Happiness Project –
Hang in There Cheer UP Gift Basket –Healthy and unique gift basket is full of nuts and seeds to help boost spirits naturally – Who knew? Or this Cheer Up Healthy Gift Basket – and in case of emergency, send her this AWESOME CHOCOLATE Gift Basket 🙂
FUN Cheer Up Wine Label Set – sure to bring a smile to her face!
Chicken Soup for the Girlfriend’s Soul: Celebrating the Friends Who Cheer Us Up, Cheer Us On and Make Our Lives Complete
Keep Hangin’ In There Care Package – Filled with indulgent treats, two plush monkey friends, and a puzzle book for pleasant distraction, this gift box is sure to make your friend grin as she squishes the smile right off the happy stress ball’s face:)
And, eCards full of encouragement and support! Like these …
A Free Resource Library of Great Girlfriend Advice?!
- Celebration Ideas & checklists
- Friendly Financial Advice
- Tempting Travel tips
- FREE eBooks
- Coloring book pages
- Quotes to share with Friends
^Girlfriend Gift Finder for:
- Birthday Gifts for Women
- Holiday Gifts – Christmas Gifts, Mother’s Day Gifts, Valentine’s Day Gifts
- Cheer up Gifts, Sympathy Gifts, Just Because Gifts, Congrats, Housewarming, Hostess Gifts & More!
<——- What’s NEW in the Free Resource Library?
- 150 Friendship Quotes
- 3 FREE eBooks – including Resumes & Cover Letters
- 2 Inspirational Quote Coloring Book Pages
- JUST ADDED: Tips to make Grocery Shopping Easier
- Girlfriend Trip Beach Recommendations
- Money-saving Tips & Sites
- & more!!