We all have a story. And most times they involve our friends, our wonderful, dearly loved girlfriends!
The story of Girlfriendology began with a girlfriend story (as, of course, it should!). Two girlfriends, Dana and Allison, were dealing with cancer. I was overwhelmed with a need to be around my female friends – not just Dana and Allison, but all my friends. I wanted to spend time with my girlfriends to learn how to be a better friend to Dana and Allison. I wanted to be near the wonderful women in my life to give me strength and knowledge.
So, I created Girlfriendology as a ‘love letter’ to my friends.
That was six years (1/20/06), 1600+ blog posts, 275+ interviews with inspiring women (podcasts and BlogTalkRadio shows), 25+ blogger/social media conferences, a TV commercial and national newspaper ad feature, dozens of advertisers and sponsors (most recently our new sponsor Biz Stain Fighter signed on for our 2012 main sponsor!) (including Honda, T-Mobile, Sears, Kroger, Visa, Frito-Lay, Healthy Choice, The UPS Store, etc.) AGO! And lots of memories made with the fabulous female friends that inspire me and the girlfriends who contribute on Girlfriendology.
Just a word of thanks to the wonderful women who have helped me keep this story going – and hopefully inspired women to be better friends:
- Our ‘Chief of Insanely Brilliant Ideas’ – JUDI – for your amazing dedication, support and example of great girlfriendship
- Kris Radish – Bestselling author of so many fabulous books was our first podcast and video ‘celebrity.’ She rocks! (Read her books!)
- Susan Mallery – Another bestselling author of fabulous books who has been our girlfriend for years (she rocks too!)
- Friendship Circle – Great girlfriends who care about female friendship and inspire so many women. Thanks especially Irene and Shasta for your long-time friendship and support!
Last week on Girlfriendology …
- Maintaining Long-Distance Friendships – A GREAT guest blog by our Girlfriend Guru JENNIFER HALL
- Why is Life Better Together with your Girlfriends – The wonderful benefits of female friendship
- The Faux Diet Queen Year-End Interview – Our silly sista-friend talks about her year of dieting
- Girlfriend Activities for the New Year – Go out with the Girls!
- New Year, New Opportunity to be a Better Friend – Guest blog by Danae Matthews
- The New Year & Time for Girlfriends – from Girlfriend Guru Rachel Awes
This week on Girlfriendology …
- Great guest blogs and posts from our wonderful Girlfriend Gurus – don’t miss their fabulous female advice!
- JOIN US on Friday at 2:00pm ET for our BlogTalkRadio interview with the Thrifty Mama herself – Crystal Collins. We’ll chat about being more natural, healthy and even frugal in 2012 – she has GREAT girlfriend advice.
Again, THANKS to our 2012 sponsor – Biz Stain Fighter. We love your products (Mean Green and Oxydol too!) and love working with you. And – for our girlfriends especially in Dayton and Cincinnati OH – check out Oxydol and Mean Green at Walgreens. Easy on your wallet but tough on dirt!