Two weeks ago, I got a call from my friend, the fabulous Sue. “I have time Friday afternoon. I can help get things ready for your party. What do you need me to do?” That may have been the most beautiful speech I’d heard in a month. Even those of us who think we’re pretty good at hosting get-togethers can get overwhelmed sometimes.
Guest blogger SARA DAWKINS shares some great ideas for throwing stress free parties. My suggestion is to find your own Sue and then enjoy! What are your tips, girlfriend?
We’d all like to host the perfect party for our friends and family. However, some of us tend to go overboard when putting together the specifics. The main goal of every party is to make sure everyone is having a good inderal prescription uk time. In the aftermath, it isn’t the plates or glasses that will be remembered. It’s all about having fun and enjoying the company of others. How do we go about planning the perfect party without putting more drama on ourselves than is necessary?
1. Know Your Guests – Know who you are inviting to your party. It’s OK if some of your friends invite strangers, but too many of them might begin to make your, and perhaps some of your guests, uncomfortable. Don’t stress too much about the situation otherwise you’ll wind up making yourself miserable. It’s a party, have fun.
2. Catering – Based on those you are inviting, devise the catering plans to accommodate the majority. Trying to please everyone can be costly not to mention stressful. As long as there is a diverse spread of available food, all will be good. Better yet, you could have a pot-luck party which puts the catering in the hands of your guests.
3. Fragile Possessions and Alcohol – If you plan to have alcohol at your party, it may be in your best interest to make sure your fragile knick-knacks are safely stored for the duration. It doesn’t take much to accidentally stumble into a table or desk breaking a prized object.
4. Helping Hands – If you’re planning a party for a great number of people, having someone to help you can relieve some of the stresses of putting it together. Divide the aspects of the party amongst yourself and your girlfriend and the preparations will go more smoothly and quickly. If each person does her part, the party can be organized in no time.
5. Objectivity – Remember that the object of the party is to have a good time and perhaps meet a couple of new people. If you put too much emphasis into being perfect, you could drive yourself to needing a vacation after the party has ended. Remember, very few people are going to remember the small details. However, they will remember having a good time or not.
6. Themes – If you’re having a themed party, don’t be offended if someone shows up in an adaptation of such. For instance, a medieval costume party may witness a “Star Wars” storm-trooper. It’s not meant to be offensive, but it is a fun way for that person to join in the festivities.
7. The Aftermath – Depending on the kind of party you are throwing, the aftermath could require a great deal of cleanup. If you ask one of your girlfriends in advance if she can help with the “after party cleanup,” then you don’t have to put anyone on the spot.
It is nearly impossible to please 100-percent of the people 100-percent of the time. Regardless of how much effort you put into planning the perfect party, there is a good chance someone will find fault in the occasion. That’s OK, though. If they choose not to have a good time, then that is their prerogative. Don’t worry about the little things and relax. Even a basic backyard barbeque on paper plates can be memorable.
By the way, we LOVE guest blogs here at Girlfriendology. Have a great girlfriend story to tell? Want to celebrate your fabulous female friends? SHARE! (And, we also have Girlfriend Gurus – check that out to be featured on Girlfriendology!) SIGN UP for our weekly newsletter and get our FREE eBook ‘30 Days / 30 Ways to Be a Better Friend‘ – check it out! Don’t forget to make your girlfriends feel special with perfect birthday gifts for women!
More to check out – Facebook.com/Girlfriendology and Twitter/@Girlfriendology where we’re connecting with over 50,000 women (we block guys!) and Pinterest.com/Girlfriendology where we share visual inspiration and great quotes. More Girlfriend Friendship Quotes & did you see our INFOGRAPHIC on ‘What Women Want‘?
THANKS to our 2013 Sponsor – Biz Stain Fighter and Mean Green Degreaser (check out their coupons!). If you’re a brand, please contact us and check out more for Brands and Businesses who want to be Girlfriend Recommended. And – THANKS to YOU Girlfriend!
Note: Girlfriendology does share affiliate links from time to time. However, we only recommend products that we’d honestly share with a girlfriend.