It’s the last day of October, Breast Cancer Awareness month. We want all our girlfriends to stay healthy for a long time so we shared about the Philips MicroDose Mammography (and the giveaway that ends tomorrow!). We have one more idea to make sure you and your girlfriends stay healthy and enjoy time together doing it!
Why not gather the *Girls* together for a ‘Mammograms and Margaritas’ party?!
I recently read about four women who have an annual event where they schedule their mammograms together then have a GNO (Girl’s Night Out) party with some Margaritas (or Mojitos or Mimosas!) to celebrate another year of health and friendship. (Now, doesn’t that sound much more fun than going alone and no margarita?!) Another option, have the girls over to your house after the mammograms for some pink cocktails! (Note: Health care pro’s don’t necessarily condone drinking alcohol – that’s just an individual girlfriend thing!)
And of course, you can do this any month, not just October. The important thing is that you and your girlfriends take care of yourselves. Added bonus: spending time with your friends reduces stress which causes the majority of health issues, so it will make you healthier just hanging out with your friends!
For more girlfriend advice on dealing with cancer, see:
- Losing the Girls – Anne Day’s battle with cancer and thoughts on losing her breasts
- Breast Cancer and Friendship – Shasta Nelson’s beautiful girlfriend insights on breast cancer
- Remembering Elizabeth Edwards and my dear friend Dana
- Ode to Denial – Genae imitrex to buy Girard shares her girlfriend insights
- Be a Better Friend – Supporting a friend affected by cancer
- 10 ways to be a better friend to a friend dealing with cancer
- 10 Tips for Helping a Friend with Breast Cancer.
A Free Resource Library of Great Girlfriend Advice?!
- Celebration Ideas & checklists
- Friendly Financial Advice
- Tempting Travel tips
- FREE eBooks
- Coloring book pages
- Quotes to share with Friends
^Girlfriend Gift Finder for:
- Birthday Gifts for Women
- Holiday Gifts – Christmas Gifts, Mother’s Day Gifts, Valentine’s Day Gifts
- Cheer up Gifts, Sympathy Gifts, Just Because Gifts, Congrats, Housewarming, Hostess Gifts & More!
<——- What’s NEW in the Free Resource Library?
- 150 Friendship Quotes
- 3 FREE eBooks – including Resumes & Cover Letters
- 2 Inspirational Quote Coloring Book Pages
- JUST ADDED: Tips to make Grocery Shopping Easier
- Girlfriend Trip Beach Recommendations
- Money-saving Tips & Sites
- & more!!