We want our girlfriends to be healthy and in our lives for a long time, right? Well, why not get healthier with a friend or a bunch of BFFs? It’s much more fun and likely to be successful. Here’s how:
- 1. Take a walk with a Girlfriend(s) – Nothing like a few blocks, trails or miles to catch up on our lives and reduce our stress with a little ‘girlfriend therapy.’ Plus, it doesn’t seem like exercise when we’re laughing and sharing stories and time with our favorite walking buddies. Set a regular walking time like every Saturday morning or Tuesday after work. Then schedule anything else around that time. Make exercising, and your friendships, a priority. You’ll be glad (and healthier) you did!
- 2. Resolve to be Healthier with a Friend – Girlfriends who make resolutions together (like to get healthy/fit) are more successful than when we try to go it alone. Join up with a girlfriend to challenge each other to set and reach your fitness goals. Accountability with a friend is a great way of supporting each other and being healthy together!
- 3. Start a ‘Get Healthy’ Girlfriend Group – Gather the girls who also want to get healthy and plan fun ways to exercise and enjoy each other’s company together. Encourage your friends to invite their friends who also want to tone up or lose weight. It’s a great way to meet new friends and to enjoy getting healthier together.
- 4. Join a Gym Together – Nothing like a little girlfriendly-reminder to meet up for a class at the club or a half-hour catching up on side-by-side treadmills. Check with the gym – they probably offer partner discounts for more than one membership.
- 5. Create a little ‘Friendly Competition’ – Make a bet on who can lose weight or inches by a certain date then encourage each other along the way. Great thing is you both lose which means you both win! Have daily competitions using your Fitbit!
- 6. Join Weight Watchers or other Diet/Exercise Programs Together – It’s not so fun to try something new alone – much better with a BFF. Start a diet program together then help each other be successful.
- 7. Celebrate your Success Together – Nothing beats an accomplishment more than celebrating it with someone who helped you reach your goal. Reward yourself for achieving your goals with a non-fattening celebration – like getting a mani-pedi together, or rewarding yourself with a new pair of shoes. 🙂
What are you and your girlfriends doing to get/stay healthy and fit?
HEALTHY RESOURCES WE RECOMMEND:
- Fitbit Activity Tracker – make being healthier a daily challenge (in a good way!)
- Healthy Slow Cooker Recipes – Having a healthy meal waiting when you get home from work can stop you from snacking while making dinner!
- 150 Calorie Cocktails – Celebrate your successes with a low-cal beverage!
- Yoga for Beginners and Beyond – DVDs to help you/her stretch and get stronger! (I’ve just started doing yoga again and it feels so good!)
A Free Resource Library of Great Girlfriend Advice?!
- Celebration Ideas & checklists
- Friendly Financial Advice
- Tempting Travel tips
- FREE eBooks
- Coloring book pages
- Quotes to share with Friends
^Girlfriend Gift Finder for:
- Birthday Gifts for Women
- Holiday Gifts - Christmas Gifts, Mother's Day Gifts, Valentine's Day Gifts
- Cheer up Gifts, Sympathy Gifts, Just Because Gifts, Congrats, Housewarming, Hostess Gifts & More!
<------- What's NEW in the Free Resource Library?
- 150 Friendship Quotes
- 3 FREE eBooks - including Resumes & Cover Letters
- 2 Inspirational Quote Coloring Book Pages
- JUST ADDED: Tips to make Grocery Shopping Easier
- Girlfriend Trip Beach Recommendations
- Money-saving Tips & Sites
- & more!!