Want to get Healthy and Fit? Enlist your Girlfriends! Great girlfriend advice from this week’s BlogTalkRadio Guest, The Thrifty Mama herself – Crystal Collins!
It’s true. We’re much more successful when we diet/get fit if we enlist a friend in our goals. To prove it, we’re enlisting a friend in getting us motivated to get healthy and fit with our girlfriends – the awesome and inspiring frugal and healthy blogger, CRYSTAL COLLINS. Crystal’s blog, ThriftyMama.com, helps women make our lives better by being more aware of our spending and our healthy habits (or lack thereof!). Crystal is also a contributor to the FREE eBook – How to Save Money and Time.
Check out the following then join us Friday, January 20th, 2-2:30pm ET on BlogTalkRadio.com/Girlfriendology to find out how to be healthy, fit, frugal and fabulous – like our amazing girlfriend CRYSTAL COLLINS!
5 Tips to Get Healthy and Fit With Your Girlfriends
If you’ve ever flown on a plane, then you know that the flight attendants always instruct you to place the air mask on yourself before assisting another passenger. It doesn’t help anyone if you pass out. You have to take care of yourself first, so that you can then take care of others.
I believe the same goes for multiple areas of life. How can you be the best girlfriend possible to your friends, if you aren’t seeing to your own health and physical well-being? 2012 is a great time to turn your health and fitness around, to better yourself and better your friendships.
Here are five simple ways that you can start getting healthy and fit today.
1. Cut out the boxed stuff from the store. By simply eliminating those boxed pastas, cookies, cake mixes, etc… you can drastically improve your diet and possibly start losing weight.
2. Start eating more raw fruits and vegetables. If you’re not a fan of leafy greens, try including them in a smoothie with some of your favorite items like strawberries, yogurt and honey. You won’t even be able to tell there’s spinach in that smoothie!
3. Start walking with a friend. One of the easiest ways to get fit and have buy valium online no prescription more energy is to start a daily walking routine. Just twenty minutes, five days a week can have a tremendous impact on your health and mood level. Need some accountability? Join the 30 Day Fitness Challenge.
4. Drink water. Sodas are some of the worst things you can consume if you are trying to be healthy. Even those diet sodas are filled with chemicals and sodium that promote weight-gain. Focus instead on drinking at least 8-8oz glasses of filtered water a day. The water helps remove toxics and improves circulation. If you aren’t a fan of drinking water, flavor it naturally with some fresh fruit or mint leaves.
5. Choose natural sweeteners. Bleached sugar, high fructose corn syrup, aspartame and sucralose (Splenda) are the ones to watch out for on your food labels. Instead choose items that contain raw or whole cane sugar, stevia or raw honey. You can read up more on other natural sweetener options.
If you’re struggling to get healthy and fit in the New Year, then join up with a girlfriend or two for accountability. As you work together and keep each other accountable, you’ll find yourself getting healthier and your friendship bonds growing stronger.
Crystal Collins is a self-proclaimed health and fitness nut, who writes for TheThriftyMama.com, and is the author of Not Your Mama’s Crunchy Granola! – 7 Weeks to a Healthier Lifestyle! Get your copy of her book for $2.99 with coupon code GIRLFRIEND. (Plus, she’s one of the founders of Savvy Blogging Summit – an amazing conference and group of bloggers who share so much support and knowledge. Check them out and if you’re coming to the Savvy Blogging Summit, I’ll see you there – I’m speaking!)
Please note that you should always contact your physician before beginning a new diet or fitness regimen. This post is for educational and entertainment purposes only and is not intended to substitute for professional advice of any kind.
THANKS CRYSTAL! Such great girlfriend advice!
Join us Friday, January 20th, 2-2:30pm ET on BlogTalkRadio.com/Girlfriendology to find out how to be healthy, fit, frugal and fabulous – like our amazing girlfriend CRYSTAL COLLINS!