Have you noticed how the price of gasoline is crazy? Of course you have! And unless you are lucky enough to live within walking distance of your job, your family, your grocery store, and your friends, you’re probably paying more attention to how much gas you use.
Abundance Girlfriend Guru MIATA EDOGA share really useful tips for using your financial resources well (we’re so glad she’s part of our community!). This week she tells us how to make stopping to to fill up the car less painful.
Unless you’ve been living on moon, it’s been impossible to ignore that refilling your gas tank now costs an arm AND a leg.
You’ve probably heard the advice to inflate your tires appropriately and to drive with your windows up and the air conditioner off. Huh? It’s nice outside! I want my windows down! …and by the way…the advice about tires…that’s great for both tire longevity and your safety, but does little to help increase your fuel mileage.
1) Find apps to seek out low-priced gas. My friend’s mother is 82 years old. She receives a text every day telling her where the cheapest gas in her town can be found. There are tons of apps and free services that do this. Don’t tell me you aren’t tech savvy: if she can do it, so can you.
2) Consider riding a bike or walking. Do you know that people use a car for over 80 percent of all trips under a mile? Biking and walking are healthy and save you money on fuel costs.
3) Accelerate slowly. Jamming on the gas pedal to fly by that annoying slow truck? Your engine responds by flooding more gas through the system, which is much more inefficient than a slow, steady approach.
4) Put your car on a diet. Stay up to date on your auto’s maintenance schedule and clean out the back seat and trunk. Anything heavy is just more weight that the car engine has to pull. Less weight means less pain at the service station.
5) Use cash-back reward cards. If you can’t handle credit cards responsibly, consider this the “Four Ways to Save at the Gas Pump” and ignore this advice. Otherwise, invest in a card that pays you back for trips to the pump.
These tips won’t make you giggle at the pump, but they will keep a few dollars in your pocket to drop into savings or use on your next outing with friends.
MIATA EDOGA is the President and Founder of Abundance Bound, a 10-year old company committed to utilizing humor, inspiration, and lots of love to give individuals around the world the necessary tools to thrive financially, while keeping focus on the things they treasure most. Visit the Abundance Bound Facebook Page for your free copy of Financial Success for the Creative Soul!
Thanks Miata and thanks for being one of our Girlfriend Gurus!
By the way, we LOVE guest blogs here at Girlfriendology. Have a great girlfriend story to tell? Want to celebrate your fabulous female friends? SHARE! (And, we also have Girlfriend Gurus – check that out to be featured on Girlfriendology!)
Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get our FREE eBook ‘30 Days / 30 Ways to Be a Better Friend‘ – check it out!
More to check out – Facebook.com/Girlfriendology where we’re connecting with over 27,000 women (we block guys!) and Pinterest.com/Girlfriendology where we share visual inspiration and great quotes. (& our Pinterest Marketing site: Pinfriendology.com.) More Girlfriend Friendship Quotes. THANKS to our BIG 2012 sponsor – Biz Stain Fighter. And – Thanks to YOU Girlfriend!
[listly id=”4zV” layout=”full”]