“Everyone smiles in the same language.”
(Make a friend – smile!)
I love the Olympics. I love the energy of people who are passionate about life and what they do. I love the diversity and kinship of people from various countries connecting and competing. And I love the smiles that you see on the faces of fans and athletes. (It’s actually even befitting in the Midwest to have snow during the Olympics – like we share the same frosty air and sparkling surroundings!)
We speak different languages, eat different cuisines, have diverse skills. We are different, yet all the same – all striving for the best we can be. We all share the same response to achieving our goals and reaching for our dreams. We react to pleasure and humor in the
same way – we smile.
And through those smiles we connect. We pass along happiness. And, research confirms, we look younger and feel healthier when we smile.
Your girlfriend challenge for the day (should you choose to accept it!) is to SMILE. Abundantly. Silly-ly. Joyously. At friends, at strangers, at dogs and people in the grocery store. Make them wonder what you’re up to. Entice them to smile too and perhaps to strike up a conversation, or perhaps a friendship, with you.
It’s our universal language. It’s what we share with humans (and some funny dogs) all over our big ‘ole planet. And it’s what brings friends together. Because we know … life really is better, together with your girlfriends!
- The Complete Book of the Winter Olympics – For those trivia buff BFFs (you know who you/they are!)
- The Games: A Global History of the Olympics – Great gift for an Olympics fan!
- Miracle – No, not a winning lottery ticket but a great movie for any hockey fan.
A Free Resource Library of Great Girlfriend Advice?!
- Celebration Ideas & checklists
- Friendly Financial Advice
- Tempting Travel tips
- FREE eBooks
- Coloring book pages
- Quotes to share with Friends
^Girlfriend Gift Finder for:
- Birthday Gifts for Women
- Holiday Gifts - Christmas Gifts, Mother's Day Gifts, Valentine's Day Gifts
- Cheer up Gifts, Sympathy Gifts, Just Because Gifts, Congrats, Housewarming, Hostess Gifts & More!
<------- What's NEW in the Free Resource Library?
- 150 Friendship Quotes
- 3 FREE eBooks - including Resumes & Cover Letters
- 2 Inspirational Quote Coloring Book Pages
- JUST ADDED: Tips to make Grocery Shopping Easier
- Girlfriend Trip Beach Recommendations
- Money-saving Tips & Sites
- & more!!