Remember when we were little and we took Mother’s Day very, very seriously? We made gifts, and cards, and breakfast (which mom later cleaned up) and we were so proud of our ability to do something for our mother.
Today, most of us take Mother’s Day just as seriously, although we have moved beyond bringing mom Cheerios and milk in bed. Many of us ARE moms, and have the dual joy of celebrating the day with our own mother and with our children’s mom. Here are some great ideas from guest blogger BETH ENGELMAN on ways to help your kids make a gift for you (or another fabulous mom). Now that we think about it, these are pretty nifty ideas for girlfriends, too….
Happy Mother’s Day! Celebrate your favorite mom (or girlfriends) with these charming gift ideas that are easy on the wallet and even easier to make!
“Bubble Bath” Tea
Mom will love this “bubble tea” that is really a bubbly treat for her bathtub!
Washcloth or Bath Poof
- Fill 1/3 glass with loose bath beads.
- Add bath poof or washcloth.
- Top with straw.
Personalized Wishing Well
Let mom know her every wish will be granted with this sweet wishing well.
Recycled Glass Jar
- Fill jar with “magic” water by adding a few drops of blue food coloring and glitter.
- Include a bag of pennies for instant access to wishes!
- Decorate with a bow and card that says “wishing you well with this wishing well.”
Peace, Love and Happiness Notecards
Be eco-savvy with these unique “peace, love, and happiness” note-cards made from recycled jigsaw puzzles.
Old Jigsaw Puzzle Pieces
- Trace puzzle pieces onto colored paper.
- Carefully cut out tracing and glue to puzzle piece.
- Allow time to dry.
Happy Mother’s Day!
BETH ENGELMAN is single mom living large on a shoestring budget. Her website, www.mommyonashoestring.com, is all about crafts and activities families can do without breaking the bank. Her column “Mommy on a Shoestring,” appears in over 30 local papers around Chicago as well as on the Chicago order clomid from canada Sun-Times / Pioneer Press website where you can also view her “MOAS” video series. Beth is an “ivoice” contributor to NBC Universal iVillage where she reports on stories that affect her community.
What are your best DIY gifts for Mother’s Day, girlfriend?[Tweet “Crafty Mother’s Day Ideas :)”]
We love Moms and Non-Moms!
For Mother’s Day Gift Wrapping ideas, sign up for our FREE Resource Library.
More Mother’s Day inspiration:
- 5 things to say to make your mom-friends feel special on Mother’s Day (and one way to make them feel terrific!)
- Mother’s Day Gift Ideas for Women (not just your Mom!)
- Spending Mother’s Day with Girlfriends
- Celebrating Friendship on Mother’s Day
- To my Girlfriends who are Moms – Happy Mother’s Day | aka: Ramblings from a Non-Mom
- Mother’s Day Gift Ideas – What are you giving your Mom?
- For Mother’s Day: 5 Minutes of Love for Single Moms
A Free Resource Library of Great Girlfriend Advice?!
- Celebration Ideas & checklists
- Friendly Financial Advice
- Tempting Travel tips
- FREE eBooks
- Coloring book pages
- Quotes to share with Friends
^Girlfriend Gift Finder for:
- Birthday Gifts for Women
- Holiday Gifts – Christmas Gifts, Mother’s Day Gifts, Valentine’s Day Gifts
- Cheer up Gifts, Sympathy Gifts, Just Because Gifts, Congrats, Housewarming, Hostess Gifts & More!
<——- What’s NEW in the Free Resource Library?
- 150 Friendship Quotes
- 3 FREE eBooks – including Resumes & Cover Letters
- 2 Inspirational Quote Coloring Book Pages
- JUST ADDED: Mother’s Day Gift Wrapping Ideas
- Girlfriend Trip Beach Recommendations
- Money-saving Tips & Sites
- & more!!