Need a cheer up message for a friend? Want to send an encouraging text to cheer up your friend? You’ve come to the right place!
“When it rains, it pours … but soon, the sun shines again. Better days are ahead.”
That just might be the cheer up text that a friend needs to receive.
When you love someone as a friend (or more than a friend), you want them to be happy – right? Sometimes that isn’t the case when they’re going through tough situations or just dealing with more than they’d like. It might be just a bad day, or a sad day, or a rough month/year/decade. What’s important is letting her know that you’re there and that you care. Our friends look to us for encouragement and support – let’s be the kind of friend who provides it! Let’s be the friend who sends cheer up text messages!
Seems like everyone sends texts/IMs these days. Within a minute or two, you can brighten her day, make her smile, and let her know you’re thinking about her. You can command Siri (or whomever) to write it for you (well, you do have to say it). You can send her an inspiring quote (see ideas below or check out these quotes) or a funny photo/emoji (app below). There are lots of ways you can use technology, apps, SMS/texts to be a better friend and cheer up a friend – which is our goal here on Girlfriendology! (Here’s another 25 text messages to cheer up a friend!)
Copy from the following Cheer Up Text messages / SMS / IMs or share the quotes/images. Or personalize these cheer up messages to your girlfriend. The only thing that really matters is that you show her how much you care and how you’re there to cheer up your friend!
25 Cheer up Texts for Friends:
1. Just tell her you’re thinking about her: “Hope things are good for you today. Know I’m here and I care. Love you!” might be all that it takes to cheer her up!
2. Everyone likes to feel admired: “I don’t tell you often enough, but you really are amazing and very special to me. Thanks for being my friend. I’m here if/when you need me.”
3. Everyone loves a compliment, right? Make her feel pretty and loved with a text/IM like: “I hope your day is as nice as your butt” – or something equally silly 🙂 (Love this keychain that says that – would make a great cheer up gift 🙂
4. Short and sweet: “You’re in my thoughts (and prayers). Hang in there!”
5. Acknowledge the tough situation: “I know – life isn’t fair sometimes. I’m here and I care.”
6. Send long distance love: “Distance can’t separate us. You’re close in my thoughts and prayers.”
7. Be honest: “Unfortunately, there’s no way around sadness, but through it. I’m here and will be whenever you need me.“
8. Just a simple reminder: “No matter how tough things are, I have so much faith in you. You are amazing and will be okay.”
9. Send a fun personalized emoji (App info below) to create a fun reminder that you: “I love you THIS MUCH!: (Sent by my BFF Cath)
10. Remind her that SHE CAN DO IT with a graphic like this one –> (Made with the app below)
11. More emoji’s: Cheer up! or ‘Thinkin bout you’ (Plus, she’ll love seeing your personalized emoji!)
12. Sometimes we all lose faith in ourselves. Remind her that you never question her strength with a short but so cherished message of: “Just so you know, I have faith in you. You’ll be okay. You’re stronger than you know.”
13. Send a fun photo that you have of her and you together. Tell her how much you value her and her friendship.
14. Completely make her day! Tell her three things you love about her, like: “I love how you go after your dreams like the 100-mile bike ride you did! I love how you work so hard to make your community better. I love how you make me laugh when we talk. Thanks for the gift of your friendship!”
INSPIRING QUOTES TO SHARE:
15. “When it rains, sometimes it pours. The sun always comes out again and it will. Better days are ahead.” – use the graphic above.
16. Share this scripture for Christian Girlfriends: “And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose” Romans 8:28
17. Or this scripture: “For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11
18. Or this scripture: “Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying.” Romans 12:12
19. Every day on Instagram.com/Girlfriendology we post beautiful friendship quotes and you can send them to friends. Just find a quote that you like, and send it to any of your friends on Instagram. Like: “You yourself, deserve love and affection as much as anyone in the entire universe.”
20. Send these quotes to friends (available on the Girlfriendology Instagram page too): “There is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you know.” (Winnie the Pooh – was a very wise bear!)
22. Remind her that you’re a true friend with this friendship quote: “A true friend will be there for you when she’d rather be anywhere else.” Tell her that you’re there for her – no matter what!
23. Share this quote and tell her how much you enjoy her friendship and wish for her happiness: “It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy that makes HAPPINESS.”
25. Cheer up a friend with this quote: “Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles.” Charlie Chaplin
So, that’s 25 texts to cheer up a Friend. What texts cheer you or a friend up? Share below!
* I used BITMOJI (app) to create these personalized emoji messages. It’s a fun, creative app that lets you easily send a personalized cheer up text! She’ll love seeing you pop up in her texts/IMs.
What’s your favorite App for sending cheer up texts to friends? How do you encourage your friends? Share below!
Here’s more girlfriend advice on how to Cheer up a Friend:
Gifts to Cheer Up a Friend:
Show your love, encouragement and support with these cheer up gifts for friends!
Cheer Up Book – “A fun compendium of happy quotes that will help lift anyone out of the dumps”
Hang in There Cheer UP Gift Basket – Healthy and unique gift basket is full of nuts and seeds to help boost spirits naturally – Who knew? Or this Cheer Up Healthy Gift Basket – and in case of emergency, send her this AWESOME CHOCOLATE Gift Basket 🙂
FUN Cheer Up Wine Label Set – sure to bring a smile to her face!
Chicken Soup for the Girlfriend’s Soul: Celebrating the Friends Who Cheer Us Up, Cheer Us On and Make Our Lives Complete
Keep Hangin’ In There Care Package – Filled with indulgent treats, two plush monkey friends, and a puzzle book for pleasant distraction, this gift box is sure to make your friend grin as she squishes the smile right off the happy stress ball’s face:)
And, eCards full of encouragement and support! Like these …
A Free Resource Library of Great Girlfriend Advice?!
- Celebration Ideas & checklists
- Friendly Financial Advice
- Tempting Travel tips
- FREE eBooks
- Coloring book pages
- Quotes to share with Friends
^Girlfriend Gift Finder for:
- Birthday Gifts for Women
- Holiday Gifts - Christmas Gifts, Mother's Day Gifts, Valentine's Day Gifts
- Cheer up Gifts, Sympathy Gifts, Just Because Gifts, Congrats, Housewarming, Hostess Gifts & More!
<------- What's NEW in the Free Resource Library?
- 150 Friendship Quotes
- 3 FREE eBooks - including Resumes & Cover Letters
- 2 Inspirational Quote Coloring Book Pages
- JUST ADDED: Tips to make Grocery Shopping Easier
- Girlfriend Trip Beach Recommendations
- Money-saving Tips & Sites
- & more!!