Everyone gets down from time to time. Every friend needs cheering up at times. Sometimes pulling out of that funk is hard. If you have a girlfriend who’s going through some tough times, there are a number of things you can do to cheer her up. Whether it’s showing up with her favorite ice cream and time for a long chat or kidnapping her for a day of fun, try these 10 ways to cheer up a friend:
1. Ice Cream and a Chat – Ice cream is always a girl’s best friend when she’s going through a rough patch. Show up out of the blue with her favorite ice cream and spend the evening chatting. Sometimes all she needs is to talk it out with someone who’s willing to listen.
2. Spa Day – It doesn’t have to be an expensive outing. Just going to get her nails done or even her hair can be a great way to cheer up a girlfriend. This is especially true if she’s gone through a bad breakup and needs to feel beautiful again.
3. Shopping – What girl doesn’t love shopping? A day spent visiting her favorite shops can be such a great release. The key is to just get her out of the house so that she gets her mind off whatever is bothering her.
4. Kickboxing Class – Sometimes to work through the pain, you need to channel that inner anger. Whether she’s upset about something at work or had a fight with her boyfriend, helping her channel that inner anger and working through it at a kickboxing class can be so refreshing.
5. Dancing – Another great way to work through the pain is to simply get lost in the music and the movement of dancing. Take your girlfriend to a great club and let her lose herself on the dance floor.
6. Girls’ Night Out – Getting together with a bunch of friends can also be a great way to forget about everything that’s going on. Whether it’s drinks or dinner at her favorite spot – a night with the girls might be just what she needs.
7. Girls’ Night In – If she’s not in the mood to go out, bring the party to her. It might be curling up with her favorite movies and snacks or just hanging out with the girls at home. Sometimes a girl just needs her friends to work through the difficult times.
8. Give a Thoughtful Gift – If you want to do a small gesture that will make her smile, buy something she likes or collects. It might be coffee mugs, magnets, or key chains – whatever it is, taking the time to pick out something she loves will mean so much to her.
9. Childhood Memories – If you’ve known your girlfriend through childhood, look back at those memories and recreate one. It might be going to her favorite amusement park or her favorite ice cream shop. Whatever it is, just make sure it’s something special.
10. Playing Hooky – Last, but not least, if she’s having a rough time at work, and is a workaholic, kidnap her one morning before she heads to work. Have her call in sick and do something fun. Make sure it’s in another town though so that her coworkers don’t run into her.
If your friend is going through a hard time, take the time to do something special for her. Whether it’s a night of dancing or recreating a childhood memory, you can help her forget about her problems, at least for a little while. The inspiring quote above is right – every day may not be good, but there is good in every day!
For more inspiration on cheering up a friend:
- 25 Cheer up Texts for Friends – Girlfriend Inspiration
- 7 Ways to Cheer Up a Girlfriend | Be a Better Friend
- Who’s your Best Supporting Friend?
- Be a Better Friend: Supporting a Friend with Cancer
Gifts to Cheer Up a Friend:
Show your love, encouragement and support with these cheer up gifts for friends!
Cheer Up Book – “A fun compendium of happy quotes that will help lift anyone out of the dumps”
Hang in There Cheer UP Gift Basket –Healthy and unique gift basket is full of nuts and seeds to help boost spirits naturally – Who knew? Or this Cheer Up Healthy Gift Basket – and in case of emergency, send her this AWESOME CHOCOLATE Gift Basket 🙂
FUN Cheer Up Wine Label Set – sure to bring a smile to her face!
Chicken Soup for the Girlfriend’s Soul: Celebrating the Friends Who Cheer Us Up, Cheer Us On and Make Our Lives Complete
Keep Hangin’ In There Care Package – Filled with indulgent treats, two plush monkey friends, and a puzzle book for pleasant distraction, this gift box is sure to make your friend grin as she squishes the smile right off the happy stress ball’s face:)
And, eCards full of encouragement and support! Like these …
A Free Resource Library of Great Girlfriend Advice?!
- Celebration Ideas & checklists
- Friendly Financial Advice
- Tempting Travel tips
- FREE eBooks
- Coloring book pages
- Quotes to share with Friends
^Girlfriend Gift Finder for:
- Birthday Gifts for Women
- Holiday Gifts - Christmas Gifts, Mother's Day Gifts, Valentine's Day Gifts
- Cheer up Gifts, Sympathy Gifts, Just Because Gifts, Congrats, Housewarming, Hostess Gifts & More!
<------- What's NEW in the Free Resource Library?
- 150 Friendship Quotes
- 3 FREE eBooks - including Resumes & Cover Letters
- 2 Inspirational Quote Coloring Book Pages
- JUST ADDED: Tips to make Grocery Shopping Easier
- Girlfriend Trip Beach Recommendations
- Money-saving Tips & Sites
- & more!!