Happy International Friendship Day! How are you celebrating YOUR Friends? (Don’t worry – we’ve got ideas to inspire you!)
According to Wikipedia:
… the tradition of dedicating a day in honor of friends to have originated in the U.S. in 1935, but it actually dates from 1919. The exchange of Friendship Day gifts like flowers, cards and wrist bands is a popular tradition of this occasion.
Friendship Day celebrations occur on different dates in different countries … On 27 April 2011 the General Assembly of the United Nations declared 30 July as official International Friendship Day. However, some countries, celebrate Friendship Day on the first Sunday of August.
TRUE FRIENDSHIP. As Thomas Aquinas quoted:
There is nothing on this earth more to be prized than true friendship.
Friendships deserve to be celebrated and especially the true friendships (aka: great girlfriends!) who are there for us throughout our good and bad times in life.
See our BEST FRIENDS DAY INFOGRAPHIC!
Friendship day is the perfect day (excuse, reason) to celebrate the wonderful women in our lives! But how does a busy woman make time to celebrate those friendships that make women healthier, happier, less stressed, live longer, and feel more beautiful? We’ve got some ideas …
- Make a List: To get started, make a list of the true friends in your life. Who has been there for you when life has been tough? Who makes you smile, laugh or get through a tough day? Who has been there for you for years or just come into your life but shows true friendship potential? Write down the women who you consider your true friends.
- Make these True Friends feel special – as special as their friendship is to you! For each girlfriend on your list, think about how to express your friendship appreciation. Pick up the phone and call her. Tell her how much her friendship means to you. Make special plans – like to meet for dinner, drinks, a long walk. Spend time together – that’s a great gift of friendship!
- Express your Friendship in a Card – Sometimes it is hard to say things out loud that you want to express. We tend to feel embarrassed to express how much their friendship means to us. Sometimes we just can’t find the words, right?
This year I decided to send eCards to my BFFs. (I’ll let these cool eCards help me express my friendship is a thoughtful and sometimes silly way!) We’re excited to be working with American Greetings to help our girlfriends build into their friendships and express their girlfriend gratitude for Friendship Day – and every day of the year!
I didn’t realize that American Greetings has been a creator and manufacturer of innovative social expression products that assist consumers in enhancing their relationships to create happiness, laughter, and love – for more than 100 years! They offer greeting cards you can personalize and email, nexium 42 count where to buy print from home and even post to Facebook. All digital and printable greeting cards are customizable and even free with your no-risk trial! (You won’t believe the hilarious cards that can talk and say what you write!)
So, I jumped on the American Greetings eCard site and started sending cards to my best girlfriends! Show here are a few examples …
For Friendship Day, I picked 10 girlfriends and sent them each an eCard with a message just for them. It was a great way to express my appreciation for them and their wonderful friendship.
For each of my girlfriends, I selected a card that reminded me of them or that I thought they would enjoy. There are beautiful cards with flowers, thoughtful cards with cute furry animals, silly cards with talking puppies, cards that express about every type of friendship and personality!
It’s very easy to select, personalize and send a card – and you get a copy of it in your email. You can add a gift to it too!
This has been a great way to express my appreciation for girlfriends! And, since I’m on vacation and not online as much this week, it was an easy and quick way to tell them how much their friendship means to me!
Thanks to American Greetings for these Girlfriendology Friendship E-cards! We’re happy to share this great resource for women to express their friendship on Friendship Day and every day!
So, this year for Friendship Day, show and tell your friends how much they mean to you – with an eCard from American Greetings!
A Free Resource Library of Great Girlfriend Advice?!
- Celebration Ideas & checklists
- Friendly Financial Advice
- Tempting Travel tips
- FREE eBooks
- Coloring book pages
- Quotes to share with Friends
^Girlfriend Gift Finder for:
- Birthday Gifts for Women
- Holiday Gifts – Christmas Gifts, Mother’s Day Gifts, Valentine’s Day Gifts
- Cheer up Gifts, Sympathy Gifts, Just Because Gifts, Congrats, Housewarming, Hostess Gifts & More!
<——- What’s NEW in the Free Resource Library?
- 150 Friendship Quotes
- 3 FREE eBooks – including Resumes & Cover Letters
- 2 Inspirational Quote Coloring Book Pages
- JUST ADDED: Tips to make Grocery Shopping Easier
- Girlfriend Trip Beach Recommendations
- Money-saving Tips & Sites
- & more!!