Are you BFFs with the people you work with? Do your girlfriends see you everyday at work? Most of us aren’t that lucky!
September is a special month around Girlfriendology – it’s International Women’s Friendship Month (aka: #FriendshipMonth) and we’re celebrating with 30 great guest blogs filled with fabulous girlfriend advice and wisdom.
Today is our last Friendship Month guest blog. ): We’re sad to see the month end but happy to share one more guest blog with great girlfriend advice from guest blogger COLETTE MARX who shares her story of working, playing, and shopping with girlfriends.
I love my girlfriends, in fact I enjoy them so much I work, play, and chill with them on a regular basis.
When I started working with my girlfriends, I never dreamed it would be as enjoyable as it is. We work with a parallel entrepreneur who is showing us the entrepreneurial ropes. Starting a business and building it is nothing like I imagined.
For one thing, it’s fun. When you get to work with your girlfriends, something as simple as editing a document is a hoot. Some of our meetings have ended up sounding like a laugh track for a sitcom. Our Skype chats are chock-full of one-liners and inside jokes. Of course I’m learning each girlfriend is a freaking genius in her own way, and I love working with a group of intelligent women. We teach each other new stuff everyday. And that’s just on the work side of things. The team rewards are even better.
You see, the entrepreneur we work for believes in goals and rewards big time (and now, so do I.) It’s all part of his Zig Zag Principle. (The Zig Zag Principle is basically a goal setting strategy. When applied to business, rewards are tied to things like driving the company to profitability.)
Recently my team and I team received one of the greatest rewards ever. After reaching our profitability goals and some other social media goals, we were rewarded with a sweet shopping spree—complete with pedicures, Buckle jeans, and lots of lip-gloss. There are a few truths I live by… toes should sparkle, jeans should fit perfectly, and a girl can never have too much lip-gloss.
Talk about motivation. Just mention shopping, and I’ll do anything—even if it means doubling traffic to a site. I love shopping in all of its forms. So I especially loved shopping with my favorite chickas and I really loved the free spending money!
During our shopping spree we loaded one girlfriend’s suitcase with new clothes for her upcoming European cruise. Unfortunately, we failed to talk her into a pair of red stilettos—but there will be future shopping trips for sure. Correct me if I’m wrong, but every girlfriend needs a pair of red heels!
We helped one girlfriend overhaul her makeup bag. We’re talking a complete makeover, a brand new palate, new tools, new hair cut, and everything.
Of course, no shopping trip is complete without a stop at Buckle for the perfect fitting jeans, followed by a visit to Victoria’s Secret for…lip-gloss. Yes, they really do have the greatest lip-gloss and a bunch of other stuff we all love too!
To wrap it all up we got pedicures and glitter toes. And then we hit Red Mango for a treat.
Any girlfriend can agree that when it comes to working: girlfriends make the best co-workers. When it comes to rewards: shopping with girlfriends is the way to go. When it comes to goal setting—The Zig Zag Principle is the most efficient way. But there’s just one thing my girlfriends and I can’t agree on…and that’s the best flavor of Red Mango to order. Some say fruit, some say cheesecake, and others say chocolate chips.
Now the girlfriends are back to work. We’re working hard and zigging and zagging to reach the next goal. For the next reward we’re looking forward to booking a hotel together, hitting the movies, ativan no prescription overnight delivery getting facials, and of course we’ll do some shopping.
COLETTE MARX is the proud mother of four crazy and wild boys. My husband has Muscular Dystrophy, so I sometimes lean on my girlfriends for support. I love all things pink and girly, but most of all chocolate! If I had to say two words that describe me most, it would be cookie and athlete, which is why I blog on Cookieathlete.com!
Do you work with your girlfriends? Do you celebrate your successes together? How? (Share in comments!)
By the way, we LOVE guest blogs here at Girlfriendology. Have a great girlfriend story to tell? Want to celebrate your fabulous female friends? SHARE! (And, we also have Girlfriend Gurus – check that out to be featured on Girlfriendology!)
Note: It’s September – International Women’s Friendship Month (#Friendship Month) and we’re celebrating all month long! From this interview and guest blog by Miss America, to a month of women’s wisdom and 30 guest blogs, to our Newsletter Sign-up Contest and Facebook fun, and more! Don’t miss out on any of it! SIGN UP for our Newsletter and ‘Like’ us on Facebook to stay up to date with all the fun friendship festivities and more!
THANKS for a great Friendship Month Girlfriends!
Our September Friendship Month Guest Blogs …
- Sept 1 – MISS AMERICA, Teresa Scanlan – The Importance of Friendship
- Sept 2 – Shasta Nelson, GirlfriendCircles – Friendship in Stages – Advice for more Meaningful Friendships
- Sept 3 – Kimberly Anderson, Kim’s Closet TV – Giving back to your community with a Friend
- Sept 4 – Lynn Gasior, Cabin Chicks – Girlfriend Memories and Traditions
- Sept 5 – Rachel Awes, Artist – The Art of Girlfriends
- Sept 6 – Flo Schell, Joyful Aging – Heartfelt Advice on Friendships
- Sept 7 – Cherie Burbach, author, About.com editor – How to Understand Your Girlfriend’s Health Problems
- Sept 8 – Susan Mallery, best-selling author – Three Lessons a Girlfriend Can Learn from Tim Gunn
- Sept 9 – Elizabeth Patch, artists, body image Girlfriend Guru – Conversations with Ourselves
- Sept 10 – Donina Ifurung, On High Heels – Girls and the Art of Togetherness
- Sept 11 – Jennifer Buehlre Williams, Mom / Journalist – A Mom’s / Girlfriend’s Point of View of 9/11
- Sept 12 – Shanae Miller, Single Southern Mommy – Girlfriend Advice from Deep in the Heart
- Sept 13 – Kristin Peoples, CouponScribbles – Five Ways to Organize for Back to School Frenzy
- Sept 14 – Kimberley Freeman, author – Mary-Rose and the Mountain, A Tale of Two Girlfriends
- Sept 15 – Julie Anderson, Oh! Shoes Brand Ambassador – Buying Shoes can Change the World
- Sept 16 – Renee Yemme, Girlfriend Guru Innergy – Girlfriend Advice for De-Stressing
- Sept 17 – Janet DeVito, Girls on a Cruise – Spending Time to Nurture Friendships
- Sept 18 – Miss Kitty Plum, Plums Lingerie – A Brief Guide to Panties, Girlfriend Guru
- Sept 19 – Steph Staszko, legal advice – Savvy Safety Tips for a Girls’ Night Out
- Sept 20 – Kandi Jaeger, uterine cancer advocate – Girlfriend Update from Uterine Cancer Survivor
- Sept 21 – Chrissy Scott-Hynes, Coupon Clip Shop – Start using Coupons to Save Money
- Sept 22 – Britt Michaelian, Social Media Girlfriends – Do Twitter Followers + Facebook Friends = Real Friends?
- Sept 23 – Cathy Perry, Real Estate Concierge – Girlfriend Advice for having your BFF as your Realtor
- Sept 24 – Patty Brisben, Pure Romance – Five Tips for Being a Better Friend
- Sept 25 – Kathlene Mullens, Female Equality Matters – Traveling with Girlfriends, Tips for Fun Travel with Friends
- Sept 26 – Donna Gamache, Personal Style Guru – Appearance Matters when No One Else Sees You
- Sept 27 – Veronica Drake, Design Your Relationship – Seven Simple Secrets to Nurture Your Relationship
- Sept 28 – Feoshia Henderson, writer – The Fat Bride (& very beautiful)
- Sept 29 – Irene Levine, The Friendship Blog – How to make yourself a ‘Keeper’ Friend
- Sept 30 – Colette Marx, Zig Zag Principle – Can you work with your Girlfriends?