Women, Wine & a great Book – you can hardly beat that combination! That’s why so often our Book Club is mistaken for a Wine Club!
I love everything that’s old, – old friends, old times, old manners, old books, old wine. Oliver Goldsmith
We’re celebrating Book Lovers Day (August 9th) with a lovely book and wine pairing of ‘Books that should be read with a glass of wine!’ (Provided by our friends at Noble Vines wines – love them!) With the theme around women and friendship (and knowing that my book club loves a good book-wine pairing!), I bet these books (and wines) would be great for your Book Club too!
Summer Sisters by Judy Blume: Claimed to be the “most relatable book about friendship of all time,” this New York Times Best-Selling novel follows the journey of best friends, Victoria and Caitlin in the summer of 1977. This novel being the ultimate friendship classic, pairs perfectly with the classic Noble Vines 181 Merlot. This softer wine filled with fresh fruit flavors and cherry will help you enjoy the sweeter moments reminiscent of your old friendships.
Bad Feminist by Roxane Gray: Gray’s sharp and hilarious insight into the female world makes you want to be her best friend. Discussing feminism, politics and culture head-on, Gray finds herself trying to understand what being a woman today means with a side of humor.Filled with flavors of peach, coconut, hints of lemon and vanilla spice, what better way to celebrate being a woman than with a glass of Noble Vines 446 Chardonnay?
The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton: Taking place during the gold rush boom, get lost in this thrilling, critically acclaimed novel, following a series of mysterious and unfortunate events including the disappearance of a man and an attempted suicide. The vintage 19th century setting is a match made in heaven with the Noble Vines 242 Sauvignon Blanc as the varietal offers hints of melon, lime, nectarine and zest perfectly picked for pressing.
The Girls by Emma Cline: The New York Times Best-Selling author takes us through the journey of 14-year-old Evie Boyd during the 1960s as she joins a Charles Manson-like-cult, chasing thrill and adventure. With an aroma of black cherry, plum and a hint of bittersweet cocoa powder, Noble Vines 667 Pinot Noir flawlessly pairs with Evie’s vivid and exhilarating story. (For thriller-loving book clubs – not the wimpy ones like I belong to!)
Year of Yes: How to Dance It Out, Stand In the Sun and Be Your Own Person by Shonda Rhimes: The genius behind your favorite Thursday night shows like Greys Anatomy and Scandal wants you to start saying “yes” more often and letting it change your life. The introvert writer and author shares her journey through saying “yes” to everything she was afraid of, from Hollywood cocktail parties to interviews. Start your year of “yes” with a glass of Noble Vines 337 Cabernet Sauvignon, as it’s rich and complex combination of blackberry and toasty oak promise to take you out of your comfort zone. (I really want to recommend this for my book club – and bring the right wine to go with it!)
More Book Club (& wine!) Inspiration for Women:
- Wine Pairings for your Book Club Book!
- Good Conversation, Great Wine & Hot Flashes, Part 1
- Recipe for a Great Girlfriend Book Club – Appetizers, Wine & Laughter
- Girlfriend Book Club … not so fun? Tips to Improve Book Club Night
- What happens when the Girlfriend Book Club ‘gets real?’ | Happiness & Friendship
Girlfriend Wine gifts & resources:
- Beautiful & Unbreakable Stemless Wine Glasses – LOVE these! Would be great indoors or outdoors! (Great hostess gift too!)
- Double-walled Stemless Wine Glasses – Keep the wine, red or white, at the right temperature!
- “This Might be Wine” Mug – what a great gift! (well, with a bottle of wine!)
- Electric Wine Opener/Corkscrew – just trust me. I have one of these and love it! Get two or three – for you and your winey women girlfriends 🙂
A Free Resource Library of Great Girlfriend Advice?!
- Celebration Ideas & checklists
- Friendly Financial Advice
- Tempting Travel tips
- FREE eBooks
- Coloring book pages
- Quotes to share with Friends
^Girlfriend Gift Finder for:
- Birthday Gifts for Women
- Holiday Gifts – Christmas Gifts, Mother’s Day Gifts, Valentine’s Day Gifts
- Cheer up Gifts, Sympathy Gifts, Just Because Gifts, Congrats, Housewarming, Hostess Gifts & More!
<——- What’s NEW in the Free Resource Library?
- 150 Friendship Quotes
- 3 FREE eBooks – including Resumes & Cover Letters
- 2 Inspirational Quote Coloring Book Pages
- JUST ADDED: Tips to make Grocery Shopping Easier
- Girlfriend Trip Beach Recommendations
- Money-saving Tips & Sites
- & more!!