Our story: You know that ‘lost’ feeling we women have when a friend is hurting and/or in need? Well, that’s where Girlfriendology all started. Back in 2005, two great girlfriends of Debba Haupert found out they had cancer. All she wanted to do was spend time with them and other girlfriends. She wanted to learn how to be a better friend to them and the other amazing women who blessed her life.
After a little research (The Tending Instinct, by Shelley E. Taylor and other studies), Debba found that female friendship makes women healthier, happier, less stressed, live longer and feel more beautiful.
Wow! That’s a lot of benefits for women who often are stressed and don’t get a lot of inspiration to build into those female friendships that impact our lives in such a wonderful, positive way. So, Girlfriendology was born – as a website and community of women to inspire and support each other, to encourage women to appreciate and celebrate girlfriends, and to be the kind of friend we’d love to have.
Women ‘get it.‘ We need our girlfriends. Best friends, sisters, neighbors, coworkers… we‘re blessed with wonderful women who inspire, admire and care for us. They bring us joy, love, laughter and wonderful memories. Female friendships make women healthier, happier, less stressed, live longer and feel more beautiful.
“Inspiration, Appreciation and Celebration of Girlfriends” is the goal of Girlfriendology. We promote and encourage strong, supportive female friendships. We want to help you be a better friend. We encourage women to support women. And, we‘d like to inspire you to spend more time with your female friends, to share more with each other and to appreciate the great gift of female friendship.
BE GIRLFRIEND RECOMMENDED (AKA: Work with us!)
If you’re a brand, please contact us and check out more for Brands and Businesses who want to be Girlfriend Recommended. Ways we work with brands/companies:
- Sponsored Posts – Let us create great content about your product and how we’d recommend you to a friend.
- Social Shares – We have over 90,000 followers and we’d love to share you with the women who trust a recommendation from a girlfriend!
- Advertising on Girlfriendology – From featuring you in our weekly newsletter, to having a banner on our site, to creating a package of promotions featuring your brand … let’s talk!
- Social Media Assistance – We have hands-on experience at creating great content, sharing in social and growing followers. We’d love to work with you!
WORK WITH US: debba (at) girlfriendology (dot) com
Together we can make the world a better place – one friendship at a time.
So join us at Girlfriendology as we continue to grow friendships and ‘do life‘ together. Please pass along this site to your girlfriends and be sure to share your stories, ideas and comments on the wonderful value of female friendships. Check out our Facebook community, LinkedIn group, Twitter, and for great girlfriend gift shopping, newsletters, contests and more!
Check out Girlfriendology in the news too!
* Debba Haupert is founder of Girlfriendology™. Award-winning author, dreamer, entrepreneur, social media maven, animal-lover, and definitely girlfriend, Debba believes in living life with a passion. Recognizing her purpose in life is to connect people and to inspire women to share friendship, she started Girlfriendology with the optimistic idea to make the world a better place. And she can too – if you’re a better friend, you inspire your friends, then your friends will be more caring for their friends, and it can continue to make the world a better, friendlier place! (Plus, girlfriends make women healthier, happier, less-stressed, live longer and feel prettier – now isn’t that enough to base a business on?!)
Debba often speaks to groups about female friendship as well as social media marketing. For information on having her speak to your group/company, please contact debba (at) girlfriendology (dot) com.
Note: Girlfriendology does share affiliate links. However, we only recommend products that we’d honestly share with a girlfriend.
Welcome to Girlfriendology!
WELCOME Girlfriend! You’re at the home of female friendship!
Did you know that female friendship makes women healthier, happier, less stressed, live longer and feel more beautiful?! It’s True! If Oprah sold a pill that did all that, everyone would buy it, right?! Girlfriendology.com is the community of women who support other women, care about our friends, strive to be a better friend and even those times where we don’t know how to be a better friend or mess up a friendship.
Our Goal is to EMPOWER, INSPIRE, and CELEBRATE WOMEN and FEMALE FRIENDSHIP!
For over ten years, Girlfriendology.com has been inspiring women and our friendships with:
- Thousands of Inspiring Blog posts – From how to be a Better Friend, to how to be a more Supportive Friend, to insights into the benefits of female friendship, and more!
- Bunches and bunches of Friendship Quotes – Sometimes we just can’t find the right words to express ourselves. Or, we need some inspiration ourselves. Or we need to cheer up a friend. We share friendship quotes every day on Girlfriendology and here. Share them with your friends!
- Hundreds of Interviews with Amazing Women – We have so much to learn from each other, right?! We love sharing women’s wisdom in our blog posts, podcasts, and social media communities (like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest).
- Dozens of dozens of Girlfriend Gifts – Because we believe that giving a thoughtful gift to a friend is a wonderful way to express our love and appreciation for their friendship.
Be Girlfriend Recommended! Work with us!
2016: For ten years, Girlfriendology.com has been a wonderful, supportive and inspiring community of fabulous females. Each day we reach THOUSANDS of women with our positive, inspiring site and social syndication. Our readers and members are women who understand and appreciate the benefits of having female friends – and who are interested in products/services that are GIRLFRIEND RECOMMENDED. We’re looking for female-FRIENDly partners for advertising and sponsorships. We have a variety of options – from newsletter ads to contests, site sponsorship to research/review opportunities. We work directly or through networks/affiliate programs. Please contact Girlfriendology founder Debba Haupert at Debba (at) girlfriendology (dot) com to reach this influential and supportive audience.
Types of Brands we’d love to work with: Fashion/Shoes/Accessories, Jewelry, Travel/Destinations/Hotels, Restaurants, Gifts, Home decor, DIY, Food, Wine, Health/Wellness, Fitness, Books, and products that make women’s lives better.
Types of Brands we do not work with: gambling, dating, products for men, religious, political, children/baby products or spammy companies. (Generally, we do not work for product or free campaigns unless it is a good opportunity for Girlfriendology and we might be able to work on sponsored posts in the future.)
Ways we work with Brands: sponsored posts, social sharing, advertising, reviews, consulting/strategy, writing, events, training, live streaming, sponsored posts/online advertising, banner ads, etc.
- 90,000+ Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram Fans (and growing!)
- 2500+ Blog Posts and 200+ BlogTalkRadio/podcast interviews on female friendship, women’s topics, girlfriend advice, gifts, reviews and more – great for SEO.
- Weekly newsletter mailings to over 3000 women.
- Brands we’ve worked with: Sears, Honda, Frito-Lay, Kroger, ConAgra/Healthy Choice, UPS, T-Mobile, Biz (sponsor, TV advertisement, print ad/FSI), Wine Sisterhood and more!
- Klout score: 60
With over 2,500 blog posts on our site, less than 20% sponsored posts, and our SEO efforts, we’re continuing to build our site as a destination for girlfriend advice, inspirational content and girlfriend gifts (and girlfriend approved products).
Do you have a brand, product or blog that you’d like to be ‘Girlfriend Recommended’? Would you like to have your brand featured in front of thousands of women? Here are a few ways we could work together:
- Site Sponsorship & Advertising – From $300 – $3000 (depending on packages) you can be featured on our home page, inside pages, in our Facebook Community, on Twitter, our Newsletter, etc. For more information on these, please let us know and we’ll share our media kit.
- Reviews – We can review products and offer our ‘Girlfriend Reviews’ – things we’d tell our friends about your product or service. We’ll do a blog post, feature it in the newsletter, Tweet and Facebook about it (2+ times). You provide the product and payment (to be agreed upon).
- Let’s get creative! Let us know your ideas and budget, and we’ll come up with some creative way to promote you to our amazing community of women!
Sample REVIEW posts: SHOES – we love ’em!, Fall Fashion SWEATERS from Sears, and Sears event with SANDRA LEE. Check it out –> Girlfriendology creates over 450,000 impressions on women for Frito-Lay launch of new women’s campaign with Brooke Burke – generates female awareness of Frito-Lay “A Woman’s World” campaign. SELECT ADVERTISERS: We reserve the right to only accept advertising from companies/brands that fit the Girlfriendology brand. For example, we DO NOT promote/advertise for: Companies/Websites for Dating, Dieting, Gambling, Baby/Children’s items, Religious or Political. [Tweet “About Girlfriendology: For Brands/Companies who want to be GIRLFRIEND RECOMMENDED”] GIVEAWAY GUIDELINES: Girlfriendology typically does not do giveaways without a fee except for products valued over $150 dollars. (Product giveaways priced less than this may be accepted for a fee of $200+ to cover the time for running the giveaways and does not include fulfillment and shipping.) AFFILIATE SITE: Girlfriendology is an affiliate site for Amazon, Commission Junction, LinkShare and others. We also receive revenue from paid ads such as Google and paid advertising. ENDORSEMENTS: Girlfriendology/Debba Haupert has been spokesperson for products but only does so when she personally believes in the product and actually would recommend to a girlfriend – as seen in this commercial for Biz Detergent. FTC GUIDELINES: Girlfriendology strictly follows FTC Guidelines for blogs indicating when we have received product or payment for service in regards to a blog, event, etc. We do not endorse any products without acknowledging this information or recommend products that we would not recommend to a friend. DISCLOSURE POLICY: This policy is valid from 01 January 2007, indefinitely This blog is a sponsored blog created or supported by a company, organization or group of organizations. For questions about this blog, please contact debba at girlfriendology dot com. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. This blog also is an affiliate of Amazon and various affiliate programs. The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third-party ad network. Those advertisements will be identified as paid advertisements. The owner(s) of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owners. If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement and that we would recommend to a girlfriend. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest. To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org
Resources & Policies
Girlfriends help Girlfriends. Bloggers help Bloggers.
Debba (founder of Girlfriendology) here. (: I’ve been honored to speak at lots of conferences on social media marketing, building online community and female friendship. (I know – fun combination of topics. Variety is the spice of life, right?) One of our goals here at Girlfriendology is to help others achieve their dreams – because that’s what a good girlfriend does, support her friends and their life goals. So, following are some of the tools we use at Girlfriendology and that we trust to recommend to our girlfriends (and guyfriends – since we definitely have both in the blogosphere!).
RESOURCES FOR BLOGGERS & SOCIAL MEDIA MAVENS
WordPress platform is THE standard for blogs. The new Girlfriendology.com website is built with the new DIVI Builder. It makes the site amazingly adaptable. (& it’s actually kinda fun to work with!)
Anything Darren Rowse does is helpful and brilliant. This book – Secrets for Blogging your way to a Six-Figure income – is awesome!
Two SMART Girlfriends, Aliza Sherman and Danielle Smith, wrote this book for Entrepreneurial Moms: MOM, Inc. – Business and Baby. Another SMART woman (I met at a conference) – Amy Lynn Andrews
You trust your friends, right? We want you to trust us (aka: Girlfriendology) too! So, we promise to provide inspiration and support for women, without the risk of spamming your or misrepresenting our online or social content.
At Girlfriendology, we have a few guidelines on commenting:
- Commenters must use a name or handle that is not offensive, vulgar, or only based on SEO keywords.
- Keep it G / maybe PG. The occasional mild swear word may get a pass, but everything else heads straight for the trash. The Girlfriendology team has final say on what constitutes a violation of this rule.
- No personal attacks or hate speech.
At Girlfriendology, we believe in the golden rule: treat our girlfriends (aka: readers/followers), as we would our friends:
- We don’t buy or sell lists of email addresses. Girlfriends would never do that.
We love connecting with women on Social Media and sharing inspiring, helpful updates. We promise to:
- Keep it clean, positive, supportive – we like girlfriends who respect us. We make sure we respect and appreciate you and your time.
- We reserve the right to delete negative posts/updates if they are offensive or might cause a negative reaction with our readers. We’re just here to support each other and our friendships.
Thanks for your interest in Girlfriendology – the online community for women based on female friendship.
For information on Girlfriendology, submit the following form. THANKS!
Media & Speaking Experience
Girlfriendology was started in 2006 by Debba Haupert as a way to express her gratitude for girlfriends as well as inspire women to spend time with, appreciate and celebrate their female friendships.
With her 20 years of marketing experience in communications, PR, product development, etc. (self-proclaimed ‘marketing mutt’) in various industries (high tech, finance, B2B, CPG),Debba has grown the girlfriend community online. She employs Twitter, Facebook and other social media methods to further expand the awareness of and traffic on Girlfriendology.com. Debba and her team are excited at the growth and potential of Girlfriendology and invite you to be a part of this thriving, inspiring community!
Through her social media efforts on Girlfriendology and background in corporate marketing, Debba has established herself as a passionate social media maven. Ranked #1 for Twitter in Cincinnati and achieving a perfect 100 score on Twitter Grader, Debba is recognized to be proficient at social media with an emphasis on social media marketing to women. Currently her Twitter followers number 35,000+ with primarily females. Debba teaches and speaks on social media, marketing to women and the importance and benefits of female friendship.
Debba … Thanks so much for being on Doug Stephan’s Good Day USA! You hit our target audience right on the bullseye! Your message at Girlfriendology.com is thoughtful and made for great talk conversation to our hundreds of radio stations!
(And “We love having you on! You are our ‘official’ girlfriend expert.”)
Rich McFadden, Director of Operations, Radio America Network, Doug Stephans Good Day USA
For pr/media, sponsorship or advertising information contact: Debba Haupert, debba (at) girlfriendology (dot com).
- Interview on ‘All Things Marketing’ with Monica McGee and Tiffany Odutoye, March 2011
- Commercial for Biz Detergent – July 2010
- Over 250 on-camera presentations (live and taped) on HGTV, DIY Network, QVC, Shop at Home network, PBS, A.C. Moore in-house videos and consumer instructional videos.
- Examples: The Carol Duvall Show – lamp, The Carol Duvall Show – purses, and more Carol Duvall show examples.
- Featured on local Fox network news show on WXIX – for National Women’s Friendship Day, September 21, 2008
- For “What’s Hot” radio show on WKRC55, hosted by Cooking with Caitlin, June 14, 2009
- For “Train with Shane” BlogTalkRadio show, June 10, 2009
- For Soapbox Media – Cincinnati community publication, May 12, 2009
- On SmartWoman Radio – Live women’s BlogTalkRadio show, February 4, 2009
- On Vicky & Jen – Women’s weekly podcast show, February 1, 2009
- On VintageImageCraft – Interview regarding my book “The New Book of Image Transfer,” January 2009
- On RadioAmerica – The Doug Stephan “Good Day” Show, nationally syndicated show (300 radio stations plus on the Internet), About women, friendship and stress, October 24, 2008
- On BlogTalkRadio – Inspiration Station show with Takiela, Sydney and Marla; October 2, 2008
- On WXIX News, local news story on National Women’s Friendship Day Cincinnati event, September 21, 2008
- On “Get Real Girls” – FM107.1, Minneapolis/St. Paul, September 20, 2008
- On The Diva Cast – Podcast interview with The Diva Cast, September 18, 2008
- On RadioAmerica – The Doug Stephan “Good Day” Show, nationally syndicated show (300 radio stations plus on the Internet), About National Women’s Friendship Day, September 16, 2008
- With The Passion Project – Live hour interview on BlogTalkRadio with Katherine Reschke
- With the PodTalk Divas – Live interview on BlogTalkRadio with Tammy and Wendy, September 18, 2008
- With “Just For Women“ – Podcast show hosted by Alissa Kriteman
- With LUCRUM – Hosted by David Bowman, local tech solutions company
- With SBTV.com – Small Business Television – the online channel for entrepreneurs
A Free Resource Library of Great Girlfriend Advice?!
- Celebration Ideas & checklists
- Friendly Financial Advice
- Tempting Travel tips
- FREE eBooks
- Coloring book pages
- Quotes to share with Friends
^Girlfriend Gift Finder for:
- Birthday Gifts for Women
- Holiday Gifts – Christmas Gifts, Mother’s Day Gifts, Valentine’s Day Gifts
- Cheer up Gifts, Sympathy Gifts, Just Because Gifts, Congrats, Housewarming, Hostess Gifts & More!
<——- What’s NEW in the Free Resource Library?
- 150 Friendship Quotes
- 3 FREE eBooks – including Resumes & Cover Letters
- 2 Inspirational Quote Coloring Book Pages
- JUST ADDED: Tips to make Grocery Shopping Easier
- Girlfriend Trip Beach Recommendations
- Money-saving Tips & Sites
- & more!!