YEAH! The Olympics start tonight and run for 16 days of track and field, swimming, football (aka: soccer) and many more sports (including synchronized swimming and badminton!). It’s a great time to invite friends over to watch a competition and cheer on Team USA! (Here’s the official Olympic schedule.)
Our girlfriends over at the Wine Sisterhood know all about throwing a party and we wanted to share their inspiration for 4th of July – or any Americana type party. (Go TEAM USA!) So thanks to the Wine Sisterhood for this Olympic Party inspiration:
Plan wisely. Not sure about how much wine, beer and spirits to buy? Download our Drink-U-Lator app to help calculate what you’ll need for the size of your party and your party guests’ preferred beverages.
Stock up. When you’re at the store, don’t forget to look for our new Wine Sisterhood Wines.
Dress up those hot dogs. Think beyond ketchup and mustard by trying out one of these ideas for creating delicious “haute dogs.”
Serve them something different. Sure, burgers and dawgs can do the trick, but we think this Asian-inspired recipe for grilled beef satay could really wow your guests.
Deck out your tables. Turn wine bottles into centerpieces with festive tags. Free printable tags like these from Living Locurto stand out in a sea of red, white and blue.
Add some flavorful fun to the bar. Set up a festive DIY sangria bar incorporating fruits with colors and shapes that build on the festive theme: try BLUEberries, RED raspberries and strawberries, even Starfruit (WHITE?)! Pour in some of our new Middle Sister Wild One Malbec or Glamour Girl Bubbly to pull it all together.
Top it off with a sweet treat. Even if you don’t drink beer, you’ll love it in these cupcakes! Mix up a batch of these Guinness Cupcakes.
- Everybody’s Brazilian – Celebrate Rio with Brazilian food. Toast the winners with Glamour Girl Bubbly (and any sparkling white for that matter).
And CONGRATS! Middle Sister Drama Queen Pinot Grigio received a DOUBLE GOLD from the California State Fair wine competition! That’s HUGE! Look at all the awards they’ve won – wow. We’ve got some award winning Sisters!
Which ‘Middle Sister’ are you? Drama Queen, Mischief Maker (I admit, that’s me!) or … take the quiz to see which Middle Sister you are!
A Free Resource Library of Great Girlfriend Advice?!
- Celebration Ideas & checklists
- Friendly Financial Advice
- Tempting Travel tips
- FREE eBooks
- Coloring book pages
- Quotes to share with Friends
^Girlfriend Gift Finder for:
- Birthday Gifts for Women
- Holiday Gifts – Christmas Gifts, Mother’s Day Gifts, Valentine’s Day Gifts
- Cheer up Gifts, Sympathy Gifts, Just Because Gifts, Congrats, Housewarming, Hostess Gifts & More!
<——- What’s NEW in the Free Resource Library?
- 150 Friendship Quotes
- 3 FREE eBooks – including Resumes & Cover Letters
- 2 Inspirational Quote Coloring Book Pages
- JUST ADDED: Tips to make Grocery Shopping Easier
- Girlfriend Trip Beach Recommendations
- Money-saving Tips & Sites
- & more!!