We’re exploring HAPPINESS this year on Girlfriendology. The kind of happiness we wish for our bestest friends, the happiness we bring others, and most definitely, the wonderful blessing of happiness from having great girlfriends. Today …
5 Ways to Power Your Pursuit of Happiness
According to the US Declaration of Independence, we are all guaranteed certain unalienable rights. The right to happiness is not among them. However, as Benjamin Franklin points out, we all have the right to pursue happiness. I would take that a bit further. We all have an imperative to pursue happiness; nothing but good can come of the effort.
I read a comment recently, and I’ll paraphrase, that life is simply time we are all given to make memories. It was an unpretentious statement, but there was such a ring of truth to it that it really stuck with me. Without getting too esoteric or philosophical, I though of how I measured my life, and it really is in its memories. And the very best memories are those made when I was my happiest. Here are some of the best ways I know to keep our pursuit of happiness on track.
1. Have a willingness to be happy. That sounds like a no-brainer, but being open to the things in life that make us happy, and then being willing to go the distance with those opportunities is not as easy as it sounds. Only you know what those things are, and that’s the personal part of the pursuit.
2. Set purposeful buy valium from canada goals. We know how important it is to set realistic, attainable and specific goals to be successful. Setting happiness as a goal is no different. It’s not enough to say “I want to be happy.” Success in your pursuit of happiness comes in small steps. Make it a goal to smile at everyone you meet. Or to wake up every day with the thought that you will give it your best, no matter what.
3. When you run into obstacles, go up, over, or around them. While the pursuit of happiness is an inalienable right, life will do its level best to throw a few obstacles in your way. That’s how life works. Confront the obstacles, accept them, then get back to the important things in life that make you happy.
4. Take a moment to notice. During your pursuit of happiness, you will find yourself varying your pace from day to day. It’s all about finding the groove that works for you, and that will change constantly. When you encounter happiness along your journey, remember to enjoy the moment before you move on.
5. Put others happiness first. This might be the single most important fuel for your pursuit. If you can make someone laugh, smile, sing or dance, team up! When you’re in hot pursuit side by side, you not only share your happiness, you multiply it. (Hint: that’s where your girlfriends come in)
Happiness is out there girlfriends. Purposeful, positive pursuit is the key! Get out there and get after it!
Come back next week and let’s make it a HAPPY year![listly id=”DW4″ layout=”full”]