Which animal print is your favorite, girlfriend? Do you wear lots of print? Or accessorize with one carefully chosen piece? Tell us your point of view! Here’s what Donna says:
Have you noticed? Animal prints are stronger than ever this season and that makes me a happy gal. Wondering how to wear this trend without seeming like one of the pack? Feeling like you can’t wear animal print because it is just too wild? Guess again. Here are some tips for wearing this hot trend this season that is sure to have you looking great without the GRRR!!
- Pair this trend with black. If your concern is wearing too much animal print, pair your piece with something that is a black basic. For example, wear a leopard print top with a black pant or skirt.
- Just a touch will do. One piece in animal print is more than enough. So choose which piece you will wear in this season’s trend. If you choose a top then wear the other pieces in a neutral color and don’t match the top with shoes, purse or jewelry. Let the piece stand alone.
- Spot on. The larger your frame, the larger the pattern can be. The smaller the frame, the smaller the pattern can be.
- Make a statement. If you feel confident in this look, opt for a leopard print or zebra print dress. Another popular trend is snakeskin and I have seen some amazing dresses in this pattern too. Simple black boots and jewelry will make this piece the center of attention.
- It’s not just for clothing. There are great options for animal print shoes this season too. The one I see most often is the leopard and zebra flats which look great with skinny jeans. But don’t stop there…look further and you will find platforms, wedges, heals, and boots in all kinds of animal prints. Take a walk on the wild side!
- No need for a disguise. I am always looking for ways to camouflage certain areas while accentuating others. Draw attention to your beautiful face with an animal print scarf….people won’t be paying attention to anything else. Wear dresses and tops with complete confidence because the pattern hides a lot of what you don’t want to flaunt.
- Let the animal take center stage. When wearing animal print, it is best to wear makeup that is more natural and emphasize one of your facial features. Choose to wear a bold lipstick or smoky eyes but not both.
DONNA GAMACHE, speaker, author, and coach works with clients to help them create a Powerful Presence. Donna combines her personal experiences as an image consultant, boutique owner, representative for two designer lines of clothing, and the work she has done with entrepreneurial women as Executive Managing Director of eWomenNetwork, to help professionals define who they are on the inside so they present themselves authentically. She has two published books and hosts the monthly Gamache Panache radio show.
What are your favorite animal prints / fashion accessories this year? How are you wearing them?
Thanks Girlfriend Guru Donna for this great guest blog and for your others: True Beauty – 5 Steps to a Beautiful You, Festive Holiday Looks (Go from office to party!) and Appearance Matters. And speaking of Fall Fashion, here’s our fave fall fashionable footwear!
By the way, we LOVE guest blogs here at Girlfriendology. Have a great girlfriend story to tell? Want to celebrate your fabulous female friends? SHARE! (And, we also have Girlfriend Gurus – check that out to be featured on Girlfriendology!)