Have you caught Olympics fever? Are you glued to the TV watching the best athletes of the world compete? It’s inspiring – isn’t it?
In the world of female friendship, who are your award-worthy friends? Who would score points for loyalty, support, kindness and caring? Who would you put on the awards podium?
For me, and I hope for you, there are so women in my life who deserve acknowledgement and recognition. Amazing women who are/have been there for me when I was “behind in the race, losing the competition, or basically being short of my dreams.” Girlfriends who believed in my goals, even when I couldn’t see the ‘finish line.’
Think about your ‘award-winning’ girlfriends. Show them some Girlfriend Gratitude. Thank them for their support, for pushing you when you needed it, for believing in you. Maybe even have an ‘awards ceremony’ of your fab friends. Celebrate their role in your world. Show them that they’re winners in your book. Gold award friends – can’t imagine my life without mine!
Some great, inspiring Olympics quotes:
“When anyone tells me I can’t do anything, I’m just not listening anymore.” Florence Griffith Joyner (1988 Summer Olympics)
“No matter what accomplishments you make in life, somebody helps you.” Wilma Rudoph (1960 Summer Olympics)
THIS WEEK ON GIRLFRIENDOLOGY:
- A Toast to Team USA: Host an Olympic Party for your Friends – Great ideas from our girlfriends at the WINE SISTERHOOD
- Low-Interest Loans / Financial Advice – by Girlfriend Guru MIATA EDOGA
- 6 Low-cost Secrets to Staging Success – by Girlfriend Guru CATHY PERRY. Selling Your Home (or is a Girlfriend? Share this with her!)
- Your Style: Getting A Polished Look – by Girlfriend Guru DONNA GAMACHE
- ‘I want a Baby’ Girlfriend Advice – by Girlfriend Guru AMANDA WHITWORTH
Well, aside from fabulous, affordable and comfortable (stylish) shoes, we tell all in this awesome (aka: COOL!) Infographic on What Women Want.
Last week on Girlfriendology:
More to check out – Facebook.com/Girlfriendology and Twitter/@Girlfriendology where we’re connecting with over 50,000 women (we block guys!) and Pinterest.com/Girlfriendology where we share visual inspiration and great quotes. More Girlfriend Friendship Quotes. & Did you see our INFOGRAPHIC on ‘What Women Want‘?
THANKS to our BIG 2012 Sponsor – Biz Stain Fighter and Mean Green Degreaser (check out their coupons!). And our July sponsor of Fridays – The Wine Sisterhood (check them out on Twitter and Facebook too). And – THANKS to YOU Girlfriend!
photo from Wikipedia
A Free Resource Library of Great Girlfriend Advice?!
- Celebration Ideas & checklists
- Friendly Financial Advice
- Tempting Travel tips
- FREE eBooks
- Coloring book pages
- Quotes to share with Friends
^Girlfriend Gift Finder for:
- Birthday Gifts for Women
- Holiday Gifts - Christmas Gifts, Mother's Day Gifts, Valentine's Day Gifts
- Cheer up Gifts, Sympathy Gifts, Just Because Gifts, Congrats, Housewarming, Hostess Gifts & More!
<------- What's NEW in the Free Resource Library?
- 150 Friendship Quotes
- 3 FREE eBooks - including Resumes & Cover Letters
- 2 Inspirational Quote Coloring Book Pages
- JUST ADDED: Tips to make Grocery Shopping Easier
- Girlfriend Trip Beach Recommendations
- Money-saving Tips & Sites
- & more!!