PRESS RELEASE: Ten Ways to Celebrate National Girlfriend’s Day
Laugh, shop, spend time together, and make memories with your female friends!
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Cincinnati OH, July 30, 2008: Why not have a Holiday to celebrate the relationships that make us healthier, happier, less stressed, and even live longer?
August 1st is National Girlfriend’s Day, a day for women to reconnect with our female friends, rejuvenate our spirits, and remember why we enjoy each other’s company so much.
Girlfriendology, the online community for women based on female friendships, promotes spending time with girlfriends in creative and fun ways to celebrate lasting friendships. In celebration of National Girlfriend’s Day, here are ten Girlfriendology idea-starters for planning some time together with the women who know you best and who bring out the best in you:
1. Send cards to all your girlfriends. Handmade or store-bought, postcards or even eCards, get back in touch with your gal pals past and present. Include copies of pictures of the two of you in them, or make cards with your photos. Remember to include a handwritten note thanking them for the gift of their friendship. You know they’ll save that card forever!
2. Plan a night out for you and the gals! Happy hour, chick flick, picnic in the park or a nearby free concert, make it a memorable evening for friends to laugh, relax and enjoy some quality time together. Don’t forget a camera to capture all the fun!
3. You make the call! Remember your BFF from 7th grade? Google her name or search for her on Facebook, Myspace, or Linkedin. Call her up and catch up on your lives. Some things don’t change – like how fun it is to gab with a girlfriend and share lots of laughs!
4. Stretch yourselves. No, we’re not talking yoga. Make it a really memorable day or evening of things you’ve never done before. Go-cart riding, batting cages, paintball or skydiving – get a tattoo – (maybe the temporary kind) – any activity that’s new to you and your girlfriends. That will make for a great memory and “remember when” conversation for years to come!
5. Let’s get outta here! Plan a Girlfriend Getaway with your best friend – or friends! You don’t have to go crazy – like gas prices. You can even ‘getaway’ right in your own town. Be a “staycation” tourist and visit museums, neighborhoods, and stores that are new to you. Have a slumber party with your girlfriends – watch silly movies, do your toenails and don’t forget the fun pajamas and snacks!
6. Take a class together. Knitting is hotter than ever and is a great girlfriend activity. Knot into the knitting thing? Try a gourmet cooking course, wine tasting, French lessons or pottery classes. Learning is much more fun together and who better to laugh and pass notes with in a class than your girlfriends?
7. Have an extreme make-over with your favorite females! Body or building, together you can make some great changes. Body-wise – go together to a salon and have a complete hair and make-up make-over. Then hit the mall for an appointment with a personal shopper to get a whole new look. Or, let your girlfriend select a room in her home that needs new décor. Hit the home improvement store for paint, shop for new home accessories and create a new environment. Both are wonderful ways to bond over hair or paint colors!
8. Make it HER special day. Surprise! It’s ‘JILL’ Day! (Or whatever her name!) It doesn’t have to be a birthday or National Girlfriend Day to make her feel as special as her friendship is to you. Plan a day that is all about her – do her favorite things, make a meal of her favorite foods, create signs, cards and balloons for Happy her Day! And always have that camera ready for fun photos of you and your favorite gal pal.
9. BFF’s! Capture all your memories in a mini-scrapbook with photos of the two of you. Add quotes and images of things she likes. Journal of the things you admire or love about her. Make it a 4 EVR reminder of your forever friendship!
10. Start a new tradition! Don’t just make it a one-time celebration – gather your girlfriends and start a book club, mommies’ group or gourmet girlfriends’ group. Find friends who have common interests and get them all together to decide the guidelines. Then stick with a schedule and have a fun year celebrating your friendships together!
August 1st or any day of the year, take the time to celebrate your female friendships. They’re the special people who make life more fun. Show your girlfriend gratitude throughout the year and make memories that will last a lifetime.
Life is about inspiration, appreciation, and celebration of friendship. Stop by Girlfriendology.com for more ideas and inspiration. Life is better together – with your girlfriends![Tweet “Ten Ways to Celebrate National Girlfriend’s Day”]
Girlfriendology is the online community for women based on inspiration, appreciation, and celebration of female friendship. Founded by Debba Haupert in 2006, Girlfriendology inspires women to make new female acquaintances, spend time with their girlfriends, and appreciate those female friendships that are vital to women’s health and happiness. Through podcasts, videos, blogs, contests, reviews and shopping, Girlfriendology creates a positive, inspiring online community for women. For more information contact Girlfriendology at debba (at) girlfriendology (dot) com or call 513-533-4734.
debba (at) girlfriendology (dot) com