It can sometimes be so difficult to find that “just right” gift for a girlfriend. Fabulous artist and Girlfriend Guru (and fabulous artist) RACHEL AWES shares some tips for finding something perfect for that hard to shop for person.
The Gift of Friendship – or ‘What We Love Matters’ by the Fab Rachel Awes
December rolls around so quickly. Yesterday was the first snow of the season in Minnesota. It is already time to get still and bare like trees. It is also already time to get moving and decorate and shop and bake. Every year I wonder how to cover it all with a blanket of peace and joy. One of the key ingredients I’ve found is gratitude. To be awake to my thankfulness for wreath cookies (corn flakes, marshmallows, green food coloring, butter, formed into wreath shapes, and topped with a couple cinnamon candies), for the smell of candles, and other lovelies, such as dear girlfriends.
In light of such gratitude for girlfriends in December, I thought it would be fun to share a brainstorm of possible gift ideas:
- First, what we love matters! Listening to what she loves is a gateway to gift-giving. In my drawing here, you can see I might love an agate as a gift! Or chocolate! And so on!
- Find out her favorite childhood toys and then give accordingly …play-doh, candyland board game, easy-bake oven, a chrissy doll, mister potato head (search on ebay!).
- Draw her a picture. Write a song. Give a ukelele.
- Give a hair-braiding and/or manicure certificate from you, complete with new nail polish and hair brush.
- Make her an ornament.
- Give a certificate to take a yoga/beading/cooking class to take together.
- Give her a gift of art while supporting other etsy artists. There are so many gorgeous possibilities!
Happy holidays, beautiful ones!
RACHEL AWES is a psychologist, art playgroundist, writer, wife, mother & friend, who loves listening to the beauty in people. You can find her art at http://rachelawes.etsy.com and her blog at http://allididwaslisten.blogspot.com.
THANKS Rachel! We love you and your appreciation of girlfriends – and your fabulous art!
Rachel’s friends inspire her art – How do your girlfriends inspire you? Share your comments below!
And, by the way, we LOVE guest blogs here at Girlfriendology. Have a great girlfriend story to tell? Want to celebrate your fabulous female friends? SHARE! (And, we also have Girlfriend Gurus – check that out to be featured on Girlfriendology!)
More from Girlfriend Guru Rachel Awes: