A grandmother pretends she doesn’t know who you are on Halloween. ~Erma Bombeck
LOVE Erma! So glad she shared girlfriend advice with all of us!
We’re celebrating FALLOWEEN this week on Girlfriendology. It’s that special collision of Halloween and Fall that has us shopping for pumpkins and decorative ghords, candy and candied yams, costumes and elastic-waist pants!
As we love to do on Girlfriendology, we try to share women’s wisdom and insights on life that hopefully can help you create moments and memories with friends and family. So, here’s our Falloween celebration ideas … (SHARE YOURS in the comments below!)
1. Don’t fret over having Left-over Halloween Candy! We’ve got some ideas on how to get rid of it!
2. Enjoy Halloween Treats without Guilt – because a girlfriend would never make you feel guilty about some candy!
3. Invite the Girls over for some ‘scary-good’ wines! Our review of Elk Creek Wines. What’s your favorite fall wine?
4. Get together and make some fun Falloween craft projects, like this Jack-o-Lantern bucket (fill with the candy you’re handing out or a fall floral arrangement). I’m using some Thanksgiving kitchen towels from Target right now as fabric to cover some pillows for the season. What fun creative projects are you doing?
5. Get dressed up for Halloween WITH your Girlfriends! The shopper-girls of Sex and the City? Movie BFFs Thelma and Louise? Dress up together – it’s much more fun!
6. How about some ‘Retail Therapy’ with your Shopping BFFs? Get the girls together and go Fall Fashion shopping. What’s your Fall Fashion fave outfit? (Me? Give me some boots and jeans or tights/dress, I’m a happy girl!)
7. Celebrate Fall Girlfriend Birthdays! Give her a thoughtful gift and get creative in making her feel special on her special day.
8. Invite the Girls over for a Football Party! Who says that boys should have all the Football fun?! Not us! The NFL says that 44% of their fans are definitely female. Watch ‘the game’ with the girls – and enjoy treats like the recipe for Crockpot Buffalo Chicken! (or this Crockpot Pumpkin Bread!)
9. The cold weather makes it perfect to throw a Girlfriend Soup Party! What’s your favorite fall soup? Why not share it with your friends?
10. Help yourself and your friends prepare for the coming ‘hectic holidays.’ Giving your friends support in the crazy-busy seasonal days. Doesn’t require special gift wrapping!
The most important thing about celebrating Fall and Halloween (or Falloween), is just planning time with your friends. DO IT! Have a great Fall Girlfriends!
For more FALL INSPIRATION:
- Fall Girlfriend Advice | 6 Autumn Apple Recipes
- Fall Shoe & Boot Forecast | What Shoes are YOU wearing for Fall?
- Fall Gifts for Girlfriends – Birthday, Sad Day, Special Day, Just Because Day
- Happiness is in the Harvest – Fall Fun for Friends
A Free Resource Library of Great Girlfriend Advice?!
- Celebration Ideas & checklists
- Friendly Financial Advice
- Tempting Travel tips
- FREE eBooks
- Coloring book pages
- Quotes to share with Friends
^Girlfriend Gift Finder for:
- Birthday Gifts for Women
- Holiday Gifts - Christmas Gifts, Mother's Day Gifts, Valentine's Day Gifts
- Cheer up Gifts, Sympathy Gifts, Just Because Gifts, Congrats, Housewarming, Hostess Gifts & More!
<------- What's NEW in the Free Resource Library?
- 150 Friendship Quotes
- 3 FREE eBooks - including Resumes & Cover Letters
- 2 Inspirational Quote Coloring Book Pages
- JUST ADDED: Tips to make Grocery Shopping Easier
- Girlfriend Trip Beach Recommendations
- Money-saving Tips & Sites
- & more!!