Sometimes it takes more than ‘Calgon’ to take us away. Sometimes we need Calli, Carole, Cayla or CASEY to go on a girlfriend getaway with! Girlfriend Casey Wohl knows how much a girlfriend getaway can revive our spirits, get us back in touch with our true selves and how the girlfriend bonding on a getaway, can remove wrinkles and stress!
So, Casey shared the following guest blog to share her thoughts on Girlfriend Bonding. (Thanks Casey!)
5 UNIQUE IDEAS FOR GIRLFRIEND BONDING, by Casey Wohl
Quality time with your gal pals can come in many different forms. The important thing is that you are spending time together and enjoying your friendships to the max. Here are fun ideas for ways to make unique and exciting memories with your favorite girlfriends.
1. Fulfill Your Dreams – Think about what you and your friends have always wanted to do, maybe learn to sail, surf or belly dance? Maybe you have always wanted to take a cooking class, salsa lessons or ride in a hot air balloon. Fulfilling a dream with your girlfriends can be an amazing experience!
2. Plan a Girls Getaway or Girls Night Out – Give the special girls in your life something to look forward to, like a fabulous girl’s getaway. Plan a shopping vacation, wonderful cruise or a local weekend retreat. For busy women who cannot getaway overnight, plan an all no-men-allowed dinner date, attend a wine tasting, check out the latest chick flick or book a yoga class for you and your friends.
3. Get Pampered or Plan Makeovers – Every woman enjoys time at the spa. Plan the ultimate in spa indulgence with a day of massages, facials, manicures and pedicures. A makeover party is also a great treat for busy women who are ready for a new look. Make appointments to consult with a beauty expert, buy new make-up and get great beauty tips you and the girls can incorporate into your new looks.
4. Plan an Adventure – Nothing’s better than braving a daring getaway with your gal pals. o skydiving, bungee jumping or travel to a foreign country (sometimes that’s an adventure itself). After your excursion, you and the girls will feel a huge sense of accomplishment.
5. Help Others – Spend time with the girls in the meaningful way by volunteering with a local community service organization. Visit an assisted living facility, hospital or orphanage. Feed the homeless or help with literacy programs. There are always organizations in need of volunteers. Take this opportunity to bond with the girls while helping others. You will feel very good about yourself.
Casey Wohl, also known as The Getaway Girl™, is passionate about two things: her girlfriends and traveling the world. By combining these two loves, Wohl has created a unique and helpful city-specific travel guide series for women worldwide.
The Girls Getaway Guide to Orlando: Leave Your Baggage at Home™ is the first in the series and was published in September 2007. The second book, Girls Getaway Guide to Key West, is due to hit shelves in October 2008. Guides for additional cities are currently in production. These guides focus on where to stay, shop, eat and spa, as well as annual happenings and side trips for each city. The latest in the series, the Girls Getaway Guide to Key West: Leave Your Baggage at Home™, was released in October 2008.
For more information, visit www.GirlsGetawayGuide.net.
Do you need a girlfriend getaway? Maybe a trip to Florida? Combine the two and take Casey’s advice for a great girlfriend getaway!
And, listen in to our Girlfriendology podcast interview with Casey when we talk about girlfriend getaways. Want more info on girlfriend getaway travel or women’s travel in general? Stop by our Top Ten Travel Sites to watch for Women.
A Free Resource Library of Great Girlfriend Advice?!
- Celebration Ideas & checklists
- Friendly Financial Advice
- Tempting Travel tips
- FREE eBooks
- Coloring book pages
- Quotes to share with Friends
^Girlfriend Gift Finder for:
- Birthday Gifts for Women
- Holiday Gifts - Christmas Gifts, Mother's Day Gifts, Valentine's Day Gifts
- Cheer up Gifts, Sympathy Gifts, Just Because Gifts, Congrats, Housewarming, Hostess Gifts & More!
<------- What's NEW in the Free Resource Library?
- 150 Friendship Quotes
- 3 FREE eBooks - including Resumes & Cover Letters
- 2 Inspirational Quote Coloring Book Pages
- JUST ADDED: Tips to make Grocery Shopping Easier
- Girlfriend Trip Beach Recommendations
- Money-saving Tips & Sites
- & more!!