There’s a definite chill in the air, the kids are back at school and the trees are showing off their colors – it’s finally Fall! Sure, that puts us a bit closer to Winter and all it’s wacky weather, but that just means we really need to get out and enjoy this awesome Autumn while we can!
So, call up the girls – It’s the perfect season for some girlfriend get-togethers and autumn adventures. Here are 5 ideas to get you started:
1. This is the perfect season for Fall Festivals – Apples, Oktoberfest, pumpkin patches – find a nearby festival and go explore with your girlfriend. Try foods you’ve never had, listen to music that’s new to you. Plan ahead to take photos together in a pumpkin patch or in the midst of colored leaves. Schedule a photographer and ask everyone to come prepared – dressed in solid fall colors and ready for a girlfriend photo shoot.
2. Plan a Wine Tasting together at a nearby Vineyard. There are lots of little wineries around the country, do some online research and set out for a day of exploring. Book a hotel or B&B for an overnight pajama party and drive back at your leisure the following day.
3. Who says we can’t do back-to-school shopping even when we’re out of school?! Plan a day to do some fall shopping with the gals. Bring fashion magazines to lunch to see what’s HOT, then hit a nearby outlet mall or go to a shopping center with the girls. You may want to shop all together or break up into smaller groups, but make it stress-free and fun. Shop, get a manicure, go to a movie – make a day out of it!
4. You don’t have to leave town to celebrate your female friendships. It’s the perfect time of year for dinner on a deck, a firepit and smores. If it’s around Halloween, ask all your girlfriends to bring photos of themselves in costume when they were a kid. Or, if they’re up for dressing up, have them come as their favorite character from Sex and the City or The Girlfriends former sit com.
5. Fall is great for TV watching with all the new shows. Tivo, DVR or you’re your favorite shows – Desperate Housewives (final season!), Grey’s Anatomy or any of your girlfriends’ favorites. Then plan a night (maybe even every week) to get together and watch them. Popcorn, pizza and whatever makes you all happy makes it a lot more fun than watching solo.
These are just a few ideas of celebrating fall and girlfriends together. Take these ideas and adapt them to your and your girlfriend’s schedules, likes and dislikes. The one thing for sure that you need to do is just to get together. Spend time together and remember, even before Thanksgiving comes around, how thankful you are for the gift of female friendships. That’s a celebration for sure!