Feel like you have no friends? Unfortunately, you’re not alone!
We all get down from time to time and may feel like the world has abandoned us. It usually happens when we need someone to lean on or even when we want to share some good news. If you feel like you have no friends, there are things you can do. Whether you reconnect with old girlfriends or simply get out of the house more often, you can build lasting friendships.
Without friends no one would choose to live, though she had all other goods. Aristotle (our version!)
1. Reconnect – When was the last time you spoke to your best friend from high school? The fastest way to find most people is to simply go on Facebook. If your friend is on there, reconnect with her. You may find that lots of your old girlfriends and coworkers are on Facebook. It’s a great way to reconnect and pick up where you left off.
2. Join Local Groups – If you’ve moved to a new area or your girlfriends moved away, join groups that match your interests. For example, you might join a book club or join a local group that betters the community. Just do something that connects you with people with whom you share an interest. Also, check out Meetup.com for groups like walkers, wine lovers, hobbies, etc..
3. Take a Class – Another great way to meet new people is to join a class. Choose something you’ve always wanted to learn about and check your local community center or colleges to see what’s available. You’ll be surprised at how many wonderful people you can meet. Even if you don’t meet someone you connect with, you’ll still be doing something that enriches your life.
4. Get Out There – There are so many great ways to meet new people and build friendships. Whether you volunteer at a local event or go to local concerts or hit the clubs, you can meet new people. You just have to be willing to put yourself out there. If you feel as though you have no friends, you need to be willing to step outside your comfort zone.
5. Question Yourself – Do you really have no friends or have you closed yourself off from the world? Unfortunately, there are times when we become so busy with our careers, marriage, and parenting that we lose touch with those we care about. Pick up the phone, send an email, or just stop by your girlfriend’s house. Yes, it may take some apologizing, but it will be worth it.
Sometimes it’s not that we don’t have friends, it’s that we’ve pushed them so far on the back burner that they fell off the stove. In all seriousness, our lives can often get in the way and sometimes you just need to reach out to your old girlfriends. Other times, you need to put yourself out there and meet new people. Either way, it’s never too late to build lasting friendships.
RESOURCES FOR WHEN YOU FEEL LIKE YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS:
– Friendships Don’t Just Happen: The Guide to Creating a Meaningful Circle of Girlfriends
– Friendship – Sisters for a Journey (Free on Kindle Unlimited!)
– Nobody’s Cuter than You: A Memoir about the Beauty of Friendship
– Friendship Coloring Book
– Friendship Gifts – show her that her friendship means a lot to you with a thoughtful friendship gift!
More Girlfriend Advice & Inspiration when you feel friendless:
- Want deeper, more meaningful Friendships? You’re not ALONE
- Girlfriends vs. Feeling ‘Unfriendable’
- Needing new Friends is Normal!
- Slacker’s guide to Friendship
- The truth about Girlfriends
A Free Resource Library of Great Girlfriend Advice?!
- Celebration Ideas & checklists
- Friendly Financial Advice
- Tempting Travel tips
- FREE eBooks
- Coloring book pages
- Quotes to share with Friends
^Girlfriend Gift Finder for:
- Birthday Gifts for Women
- Holiday Gifts - Christmas Gifts, Mother's Day Gifts, Valentine's Day Gifts
- Cheer up Gifts, Sympathy Gifts, Just Because Gifts, Congrats, Housewarming, Hostess Gifts & More!
<------- What's NEW in the Free Resource Library?
- 150 Friendship Quotes
- 3 FREE eBooks - including Resumes & Cover Letters
- 2 Inspirational Quote Coloring Book Pages
- JUST ADDED: Tips to make Grocery Shopping Easier
- Girlfriend Trip Beach Recommendations
- Money-saving Tips & Sites
- & more!!