Okay Girlfriend – be honest? How long as it been?
It’s so easy to lose track of time and find ourselves suddenly months away from spending time with our friends. (And, remember that time with our friends reduces our stress levels – something that impacts our health and all of our relationships.) Thankfully we’ve got Girlfriend Guru JENNIFER HALL to remind us of the simple joy of a good Girl’s Night Out!
How You Know When You Need a Good GNO
- It’s been months since you had a good, full-bodied belly laugh that caused tears to stream down and your face hurt.
- You’ve nearly got a hole in your tongue from biting it so hard, unable to vent out your frustrations.
- You’re sure the last time you spent time with your girlfriends was just maybe a month ago, but in reality it’s been MONTHS – plural.
- You can’t remember the last time you had something truly sinful to eat (such as a mud pie dessert or movie theater popcorn with extra butter).
- Every single thing your husband and children do gets under your skin.
- You frequently find yourself wishing you could run screaming from your house, never to return!
Yep. All classic signs that you not only need a Girl’s Night Out, but you need it STAT!
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to make it happen.
It doesn’t matter who was the last of you to organize a GNO. It doesn’t matter if not everyone can make it.
Where two or more are gathered….
So this is what you do. You call, text, email, Facebook or Tweet your girlfriends making it VERY CLEAR that this needs to happen. You must not be vague. You must provide a date and time that is best for you. It would also be helpful if you had some idea of what you’d like to do. Or request suggestions.
If everyone can afford it, actually GO OUT. But if money is an issue, see if one of your friends would be willing to host the Girls in her home. I say one of your friends because if you’re the one in need of the GNO, you might really resent doing it at your own home. On the other hand, just getting the girls together can be all you need, setting be damned.
Once you and your girls have decided when and what to do, put it on the calendar and tell your significant other. If the date is a few days or a week away, you will need to tell him again.
When the day of your scheduled GNO arrives, try not to stare at the clock all day long.
Now go, have fun!
JENNIFER HALL is a SAHM of a daughter and a son, married to a diabetic on dialysis. She enjoys knitting, scrapbooking, reading, and TV. She’s visually impaired and describes herself as anxious, traumatized, dorky, funny, real, and says her “life is a roller coaster and I’m blogging my way through it all!” As an only child, her Girlfriends are like sisters to her. She believes in learning, growing, living, loving, and laughing. She is grateful.
When was your last GNO – Girl’s Night Out? Who are you calling to plan the next one?!
Jennifer is one of our gorgeous, great Girlfriend Gurus – which means she shares her girlfriend insights and inspiration here on Girlfriendology every month. Want to join her and the dozens of other Girlfriend Gurus who we love to feature on Girlfriendology? (Visit Girlfriend Gurus.) Check out her previous blog: Finding Mom Friends.