Every Thursday we celebrate what we call ‘Thankful Thursday.’ It’s a time each week where we like to stop and focus on gratitude and especially gratitude for girlfriends. This week, we’re celebrating November and Thanksgiving in just two words …
I’m going to keep this very short today because chances are, you’ve got a pretty full plate already, being a Food Network Star and all. So I’m just going to ask you to do something simple today that for a lot of you will sound a little bit crazy. Ready?
Hopefully you’ve put aside any unrealistic expectations of perfection today. There’s only one Martha Stewart and chances are she burned the gravy once or twice herself (and then took pictures of it!). Okay, maybe once. Today, with all that’s going on around you, don’t lose track of yourself. Thanksgiving is two words, so be in the moment, be thankful, and be giving. Recount your blessings and share them with everyone you’re with.
This is a day to make memories and you don’t want to miss a moment of it. So purposely look for all the little things to be thankful for all day long. If you already have a gratitude tradition for Thanksgiving, whatever it is, really focus on it, so at the end of the day you’re not left asking, “What just happened?”
And if you can find a minute, make a call to a girlfriend. Say hi. See how her day is going. Thank her for being a friend. You might ask for a very small piece of advice (we love to be helpful even when we’re over our heads). Be her pressure valve, or let her be yours. But just for a minute – that’s all it will take.
There’s just one more thing. I want you to know that on this day I am thankful for you girlfriend. Thankful that you are apart of a growing, thriving and energetic community of girlfriends. Thankful that you have taken a moment of your day to be here. For that I am thankful.
Now get back to what you were doing. Happy Thanksgiving girlfriend!
We’re thankful, not just on Thursdays, but every day, for your time and support. Thanks for allowing Girlfriendology into your day. We hope it makes you more grateful of your girlfriends and reminds you that the important things in life aren’t things.
More Thanksgiving inspiration:
- 15 Tips for Shopping on Black Friday
- Thanksgiving Quotes to share, post and tweet about!
- More Thanksgiving Quotes (ditto above!)
- Funny Thanksgiving Quotes – because smiling burns calories!
- Who NOT to invite to your Thanksgiving table
- The Not-So-Black Friday after Thanksgiving
- Favorite Videos – on Gratitude (Thanksgiving inspired!)
A Free Resource Library of Great Girlfriend Advice?!
- Celebration Ideas & checklists
- Friendly Financial Advice
- Tempting Travel tips
- FREE eBooks
- Coloring book pages
- Quotes to share with Friends
^Girlfriend Gift Finder for:
- Birthday Gifts for Women
- Holiday Gifts - Christmas Gifts, Mother's Day Gifts, Valentine's Day Gifts
- Cheer up Gifts, Sympathy Gifts, Just Because Gifts, Congrats, Housewarming, Hostess Gifts & More!
<------- What's NEW in the Free Resource Library?
- 150 Friendship Quotes
- 3 FREE eBooks - including Resumes & Cover Letters
- 2 Inspirational Quote Coloring Book Pages
- JUST ADDED: Tips to make Grocery Shopping Easier
- Girlfriend Trip Beach Recommendations
- Money-saving Tips & Sites
- & more!!