Summer means warmer weather, kids off of school, vacation time with family or friends, trips to the beach or pool, kicking back with the girls outside, and finding a multitude of creative way to cool down with our besties. Best part? Time for some great summer girlfriend get-togethers!
It’s months filled with celebrations that kick off with Memorial Day and don’t officially call it quits until the sunset on Labor Day. Summer hosts 4th of July fireworks, picnics, parades, swim parties, camp-outs, barbecues, watermelon, fried chicken, ice-cold drinks, ice cream and marshmallow roasts. There’s Summer Solstice and long days for memorable moments with friends. There’s a whole lot of summer before the dreaded back-to-school commercials start!
Gather up your closest companions for these hot summer ideas for girlfriend get-togethers.
- The fastest way to cool down on a scorching summer’s day is with water. Meet together at a waterpark, or if you’re lucky enough to have a girlfriend with her own backyard pool, converge poolside listening to your favorite tunes and catching up on life without worrying about how you look in a bathing suit.
- Have an ice cream sundae party where everyone brings their favorite topping.
- Cool down over healthy smoothies. Either meet at your favorite Smoothie cafe’, or have everyone bring their favorite smoothie recipe and ingredients to make your own.
- Go all out and plan a getaway for a girls’ weekend, plan a full-fledged beach vacation, or sit down and plan a girlfriend getaway during the offseason after summer is just a memory.
- BBQs and summer go hand-in-hand. Select your favorite meats or veggies and cook outside. While you’re waiting for the food, enjoy some backyard games or just chill on the deck or patio with girl-to-girl conversation.
- Summer days are warm, but summer nights sometimes have enough of a chill to enjoy a good backyard bonfire where you can sit around the fire and roast marshmallows, or make S’mores. Conveniently, August 10 is National S’mores Day, which is during the month when summer begins to wind down. Mark your calendars and get the graham crackers, chocolate bars, and marshmallows ready.
- Go on a picnic, explore your own city, or hit the bike trails for some exercise and time together.
- Plan a girls-only float trip with canoes on a river, kayaks or paddleboats on a lake.
- Go to the zoo or other outdoor attraction.
- Host a photo scavenger hunt at a mall or around town. Bring your cameras, and add some fun by posting the fun on social media. Don’t forget to create a #Hashtag!
- Sip iced tea together on a porch swing and talk with just one or two of your closest buds.
- Host your own movie night just for the girls. Find a great chick flick all the girls will love! Stay inside in air conditioning or project a movie on a sheet outside and create an outdoor theater.
The most important thing about summer is finding those moments to make memories with your girlfriends! Don’t let the summer pass you by – start planning fun summer girlfriend get-togethers and creating girlfriend traditions that you’ll enjoy into future summers. Make the story of your summer about awesome memories with great girlfriends!
A Free Resource Library of Great Girlfriend Advice?!
- Celebration Ideas & checklists
- Friendly Financial Advice
- Tempting Travel tips
- FREE eBooks
- Coloring book pages
- Quotes to share with Friends
^Girlfriend Gift Finder for:
- Birthday Gifts for Women
- Holiday Gifts - Christmas Gifts, Mother's Day Gifts, Valentine's Day Gifts
- Cheer up Gifts, Sympathy Gifts, Just Because Gifts, Congrats, Housewarming, Hostess Gifts & More!
<------- What's NEW in the Free Resource Library?
- 150 Friendship Quotes
- 3 FREE eBooks - including Resumes & Cover Letters
- 2 Inspirational Quote Coloring Book Pages
- JUST ADDED: Tips to make Grocery Shopping Easier
- Girlfriend Trip Beach Recommendations
- Money-saving Tips & Sites
- & more!!