If a brand tells me they’re great, I don’t always believe them. But, if a girlfriend tells me she loves them, then I’m sold!
That’s how it is with girlfriends. We trust each other to recommend products and services, share tips and tricks that our girlfriends will love as much as we do. That’s how word-of-mouth spreads, fans grow and, actually, bloggers influence. We women trust our friends (and bloggers are often our ‘virtual friends’) to recommend the best solutions and companies.
She-conomy reports the actual impact of women on consumer purchases:
Women account for 85% of all consumer purchases including everything from autos to health care:
Digital Divas By The Numbers
• 22% shop online at least once a day
• 92% pass along information about deals or finds to others
• 171: average number of contacts in their e-mail or mobile lists
• 76% want to be part of a special or select panel
• 58% would toss a TV if they had to get rid of one digital device (only 11% would ditch their laptops)
• 51% are moms
Source: Mindshare/Ogilvy & Mather
Advertising on Girlfriendology
At Girlfriendology, we’re actually very picky about the brands and companies with whom we work. As much as we’d like to make this business profitable, we can’t even make ourselves take money from companies we don’t think are right for our online community of girlfriends. For example we’ve turned down decent offers to advertise adult diapers, dating sites and weight loss products (which, to be honest, had really annoying ads!) because we want Girlfriendology to be the site you ENJOY visiting and that you always feel welcome here regardless of your marital status, weight/health or need for adult diapers!
At more than TEN YEARS OLD, we’ve had the honor of working with brands and companies we would sincerely, honestly and whole-heartedly recommend to our girlfriends like:
- BIZ Stain Fighting Detergent – Did you see our commercial, our ad in 57 million newspapers (see video below) and our ‘shelf-talkers’ in grocery stores?!
- Healthy Choice – We’ve eaten Healthy Choice for years so when they wanted to work with us, we thought it was a yummy idea! (-: They’ve sponsored our Book Club and our recent Holiday Shopping Guide.
- Frito-Lay – Visited their plant, learned about their tasty snacks and attended a Red Carpet event with Brooke Burke and Spice Girl, Mel B.
- Also: Kroger, Truvia, Office Max, Crystal Light, Orville Reddenbacher’s, ConAgra, The UPS Store, T-Mobile, Honda and more.
It’s a BIG year at Girlfriendology! There are a lot of great things in the works and we’re excited to grow this community and to further promote the spirit of women supporting women and being better friends. We’ve prepared a sponsorship and advertising strategy to promote the companies and brands we’d recommend to our girlfriends (and we know you’d recommend on to yours!)
If you’re not familiar, GIRLFRIENDOLOGY is the growing community of women based on female friendship:
- 35,000+ Twitter followers (primarily women, we delete guys we don’t know!)
- 40,000+ Female Facebook Fans (and growing! Again, we delete men)
- 2500+ Blog Posts and 200+ podcast interviews on female friendship, women’s topics, girlfriend advice, gifts, reviews and more – great for SEO.
- Weekly newsletter mailings to over 3000 women.
- Example: We were recently featured in a Biz commercial/ad (see below). We Facebooked/Tweeted about it four times. Total Facebook impressions 22k+, total Twitter potential impressions 80k+ = more than 100,000 potential impressions.
Advertising on Girlfriendology – Sponsorship Opportunities for brands/companies to be the brand/company that girlfriends recommend to their friends!:
- Girlfriendology Sponsorship and Advertising – Great way to become the brand that girlfriends have a ‘friendship with.’ Advertising starting at $300/month. Includes promotion in Facebook, Twitter, online communities plus blog posts, etc.
- Reviews and Sponsored Posts – Sharing our girlfriend opinion on products and services.
- Girlfriendology Podcast / Periscope – Sponsor our podcast, be featured in a Periscope ‘scope,’ let us tell all our girlfriends about your brand!
- Podcasts, Newsletters, Facebook Updates, Twitter Tweets – all the ways we connect with women on a daily basis.
- “Girlfriendology Recommended” – We work with great brands to qualify them for recommending to our girlfriends!
- Special Promotions – Promote your product through special opportunities (unfortunately, no unpaid product giveaways unless as a paid promotion or the product is valued at >$250 and we approve it for our community).
- Speaking Opportunities – Girlfriendology founder, Debba Haupert, speaks on women’s friendship and social media and digital marketing strategies.
So, if you work for a brand/company who would like to reach women or have ideas of who we should work with because they’re a brand you recommend to your girlfriends, please share!
Our BIZ Commercial:
A Free Resource Library of Great Girlfriend Advice?!
- Celebration Ideas & checklists
- Friendly Financial Advice
- Tempting Travel tips
- FREE eBooks
- Coloring book pages
- Quotes to share with Friends
^Girlfriend Gift Finder for:
- Birthday Gifts for Women
- Holiday Gifts - Christmas Gifts, Mother's Day Gifts, Valentine's Day Gifts
- Cheer up Gifts, Sympathy Gifts, Just Because Gifts, Congrats, Housewarming, Hostess Gifts & More!
<------- What's NEW in the Free Resource Library?
- 150 Friendship Quotes
- 3 FREE eBooks - including Resumes & Cover Letters
- 2 Inspirational Quote Coloring Book Pages
- JUST ADDED: Tips to make Grocery Shopping Easier
- Girlfriend Trip Beach Recommendations
- Money-saving Tips & Sites
- & more!!