There are lots of situations that we women face that are tough. That’s life, right? Thankfully we have our friends to help us through tough situations – like losing a parent or the loss of a child, dealing with cancer, the death of a beloved pet, and more.
It’s true: “Walking with a FRIEND in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.” – Helen Keller
YES. Helen Keller. The woman who knew what it meant to walk in the dark and be completely alone. She knew the value of a friend, especially in the dark.
Over the ten+ years of Girlfriendology, we’ve shared girlfriend advice for tough situations like these. Our commitment is to inspire women to be better friends – and to be there in the good and not-so-good times.
It’s not always easy when friends go through difficult times. We get that. But, as a friend, they NEED you to be supportive, kind, caring, and attentive. Here’s some girlfriend advice on many of the challenges in life that we and our friends deal with.
Great for school, outdoor living and journey. Back wall zip pocket for easy access. Roomy fully lined fabric compartment. Casual lifestyle.
Genuine Leather, Brass buttons hardware, Eco-friendly garment washed durable canvas, for your iPad, tablet, or eReader. Simple design, well-sewn craftsmanship.
Sling this bag across the body for a cool and comfortable look whether you’re traveling around the block or around the world. With cool style and canvas materials; it brings you more casual feel and happy to carry it all the time
This stylish sling bag offers storage for your tablet and other essentials for a day of traveling or a trek through the urban jungle. Back wall zip pocket for easy access. Roomy fully lined fabric compartment
Overall dimension: Approx. 13″L x 15.4/12.2″H x 3.6″ W. 13″ laptop, iPad fitting, easy to carry A4 size books etc. Integrated cross body shoulder strap; Backside zipper pocket.
Need a cheer up message for a friend? Want to send an encouraging text to cheer up your friend? You’ve come to the right place!
“When it rains, it pours … but soon, the sun shines again. Better days are ahead.”
That just might be the cheer up text that a friend needs to receive.
When you love someone as a friend (or more than a friend), you want them to be happy – right? Sometimes that isn’t the case when they’re going through tough situations or just dealing with more than they’d like. It might be just a bad day, or a sad day, or a rough month/year/decade. What’s important is letting her know that you’re there and that you care. Our friends look to us for encouragement and support – let’s be the kind of friend who provides it! Let’s be the friend who sends cheer up text messages!
Seems like everyone sends texts/IMs these days. Within a minute or two, you can brighten her day, make her smile, and let her know you’re thinking about her. You can command Siri (or whomever) to write it for you (well, you do have to say it). You can send her an inspiring quote (see ideas below or check out these quotes) or a funny photo/emoji (app below). There are lots of ways you can use technology, apps, SMS/texts to be a better friend and cheer up a friend – which is our goal here on Girlfriendology! (Here’s another 25 text messages to cheer up a friend!)
Copy from the following Cheer Up Text messages / SMS / IMs or share the quotes/images. Or personalize these cheer up messages to your girlfriend. The only thing that really matters is that you show her how much you care and how you’re there to cheer up your friend!
25 Cheer up Texts for Friends:
1. Just tell her you’re thinking about her: “Hope things are good for you today. Know I’m here and I care. Love you!” might be all that it takes to cheer her up!
2. Everyone likes to feel admired: “I don’t tell you often enough, but you really are amazing and very special to me. Thanks for being my friend. I’m here if/when you need me.”
3. Everyone loves a compliment, right? Make her feel pretty and loved with a text/IM like: “I hope your day is as nice as your butt” – or something equally silly 🙂 (Love this keychain that says that – would make a great cheer up gift 🙂
4. Short and sweet: “You’re in my thoughts (and prayers). Hang in there!”
5. Acknowledge the tough situation: “I know – life isn’t fair sometimes. I’m here and I care.”
6. Send long distance love: “Distance can’t separate us. You’re close in my thoughts and prayers.”
7. Be honest: “Unfortunately, there’s no way around sadness, but through it. I’m here and will be whenever you need me.“
8. Just a simple reminder: “No matter how tough things are, I have so much faith in you. You are amazing and will be okay.”
9. Send a fun personalized emoji (App info below) to create a fun reminder that you: “I love you THIS MUCH!: (Sent by my BFF Cath)
10. Remind her that SHE CAN DO IT with a graphic like this one –> (Made with the app below)
11. More emoji’s: Cheer up! or ‘Thinkin bout you’ (Plus, she’ll love seeing your personalized emoji!)
12. Sometimes we all lose faith in ourselves. Remind her that you never question her strength with a short but so cherished message of: “Just so you know, I have faith in you. You’ll be okay. You’re stronger than you know.”
13. Send a fun photo that you have of her and you together. Tell her how much you value her and her friendship.
14. Completely make her day! Tell her three things you love about her, like: “I love how you go after your dreams like the 100-mile bike ride you did! I love how you work so hard to make your community better. I love how you make me laugh when we talk. Thanks for the gift of your friendship!”
INSPIRING QUOTES TO SHARE:
15. “When it rains, sometimes it pours. The sun always comes out again and it will. Better days are ahead.” – use the graphic above.
16. Share this scripture for Christian Girlfriends: “And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose” Romans 8:28
17. Or this scripture: “For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11
18. Or this scripture: “Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying.” Romans 12:12
19. Every day onInstagram.com/Girlfriendology we post beautiful friendship quotes and you can send them to friends. Just find a quote that you like, and send it to any of your friends on Instagram. Like: “You yourself, deserve love and affection as much as anyone in the entire universe.”
20. Send these quotes to friends (available on the Girlfriendology Instagram page too): “There is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you know.” (Winnie the Pooh – was a very wise bear!)
21. A great, inspiring quote for a great, inspiring cheer up SMS / Cheer up Text: “Life doesn’t have to be perfect to be wonderful” Annette Funicello.
22. Remind her that you’re a true friend with this friendship quote: “A true friend will be there for you when she’d rather be anywhere else.” Tell her that you’re there for her – no matter what!
23. Share this quote and tell her how much you enjoy her friendship and wish for her happiness: “It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy that makes HAPPINESS.”
24. Remind her, like the image below states, to: Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today. 🙂
25. Cheer up a friend with this quote: “Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles.” Charlie Chaplin
So, that’s 25 texts to cheer up a Friend. What texts cheer you or a friend up? Share below!
* I used BITMOJI (app) to create these personalized emoji messages. It’s a fun, creative app that lets you easily send a personalized cheer up text! She’ll love seeing you pop up in her texts/IMs.
What’s your favorite App for sending cheer up texts to friends? How do you encourage your friends? Share below!
Keep Hangin’ In There Care Package – Filled with indulgent treats, two plush monkey friends, and a puzzle book for pleasant distraction, this gift box is sure to make your friend grin as she squishes the smile right off the happy stress ball’s face:)
And, eCards full of encouragement and support! Like these …
A Free Resource Library of Great Girlfriend Advice?!
Sometimes you meet a BFF in an unexpected way/place, right? Well, sometimes you can experience a memorable Girlfriend trip in an unexpected destination too!
We set off with map in hand! On little highways and byways, we headed south/west through Ohio, Indiana, and Kentucky to reach our mid-west road trip destination of Louisville, KY. Sometimes you just have to go off the grid to make memories with your girlfriend(s).
Say ‘Louisville, KY‘ and what do most people think? Usually the Kentucky Derby, right? But there is SO MUCH more! We discovered a vibrant city that has so many things for a fun, fab girlfriend trip. A beautiful river town with southern charm, unique (and fun!) attractions, and a big small town of nice people. Located within two hours of Indianapolis, Cincinnati or Evanston. Four hours or less from St. Louis, Nashville, Knoxville, and Columbus OH. Five hours from Chicago, and six from Pittsburg, Cleveland, or Detroit. (All a great road-trip distance away from most cities in the midwest.)
Actually, I did a little research: Louisville is the 30th city based on U.S. population (twice as large as Pittsburgh, St. Louis, or, my hometown, Cincinnati). Located on the Ohio River, the self-proclaimed home of southern cuisine and world-famous bourbon, Louisville deserves the title as one of the ‘Ten Best New Food Cities.’
This year*, my girlfriend and I spent four days in Louisville for our girlfriend road trip / adventure – and definitely will be going back. We filled our days with tours, art, and adventures; and evenings with yummy meals, wineries, distilleries, and even river exploration. Join us …
… Louisville IS home of the Kentucky Derby. Churchill Downs, home of the “Run for the Roses,” aka: “The Most Exciting Two Minutes In Sports,” welcomes over 250,000 people to Louisville for the first weekend in May – and has been run every consecutive year since 1875. As a visitor to Louisville, Churchill Downs and the Derby tour are a wonderful way to experience the most amazing sporting event – especially one that requires fancy hats!
From the history of horses to the couture culture (and hats), Mint Juleps to Kentucky-born Bourbon, the Kentucky Derby comes alive when you tour Churchill Downs!
Definitely, make time in your Louisville visit for Churchill Downs and the Kentucky Derby Museum. The tour shares the history and facts about the more of a century of horse racing. We heard about the history, learned about the legacies, and watched dozens of amazing horses practicing on the beautiful track. Inside the Kentucky Derby Museum, we watched a history of the Kentucky Derby in a theatre in-the-round. (To be honest, the movie about the horses and history was so powerful, it actually made me cry!) In addition to the movie, the museum was filled with fun exhibits – like the chance to bet on previous races and displays of fancy race outfits and hats. It is a wonderful way to spend a morning or day in Louisville!
After leaving the Kentucky Derby Museum, we found an unexpected treasure … Wagner’s Pharmacy and ‘World Famous Diner.’ To rub elbows with locals and ‘horse people,’ stop by this blast from the past eatery famous for breakfast and the iconic ‘Hot Brown’ sandwich famous as Louisville’s most famous dish. Wagner’s was quaint, cool, and a yummy find – perfect for a meal after visiting Churchill Downs and the Kentucky Derby Museum!
Another amazing attraction in Louisville is the Mega Cavern. When they say ‘MEGA,’ they mean it! This is Lousiville’s #1 attraction, per Trip Advisor – and rightly so! We were amazed to find this hidden gem underneath Louisville – even under the 134-acre zoo! Even though it’s underground, the Louisville MEGA Cavern is actually the largest building in the state of Kentucky!
Just book it – take the Mega Cavern Zipline tour! (They also have a tram, bikes, electric bikes, and a ropes course through the tavern – so something for everyone and every skill set/activity level.) We went on the Mega Zip which is a two-hour course zip-lining through amazing cavern underground! Take my word on it, I was a little nervous about this and it was totally AMAZING! It is beautiful! The guides were fun and helpful, and we never felt like we had to fear it – every safety precaution has been covered. Get ready to zip line and even cross ropes bridges that you never imagined you could (but, you’re strapped/lined in so are completely safe). I wish I would have taken my phone/camera to show you all the beauty and adventure, but I didn’t want to drop my camera, or, to be honest, miss out on one moment of the fun. DO IT! It was such a fun girlfriend trip adventure!
Another unexpected adventure and wonderful ‘find’ in Louisville was the Speed Art Museum. Okay, I admit. I didn’t do my research. I thought this might be a museum to horse racing (as in ‘speed’) but it wasn’t and it was an amazing find in Louisville! Check out our next blog post on Louisville for what a wonderful FIND the Speed Art Museum was! (And, more on our shopping, bourbon and river adventures!)
Thanks to the Louisville Convention and Visitors Bureau for arranging our trip and to the Kentucky Derby and Mega Cavern Zip tour for hosting us. We LOVE Louisville and will be back! It is a perfect Girlfriend Trip destination!